Jan, 2019 - Current
Wentsy.com makes organizations a breeze, by matching up service providers with organizers.
- Recruited talent
- Built the architecture of the application
- Guided team members and together we developed the first version in 8 months
Feb, 2018 - Sep, 2018
Crossover is the biggest company in the world with %100 remote-teams, working with dozens of companies around the world. I worked in the Optiva Telecom and Aurea Energy projects, as Java Chief Architect.
- Prepared education tutorials about Optiva Telecom's Java based tech stack, to speed up the orientation of development teams
- Coded new features for Aurea Energy, using Java and Groovy
Nov, 2016 - Jan, 2018
During this period, I worked for Securitas Turkey as a software consultant. They had dozens of software systems developed by disparate teams and they had maintenance problems. We reshaped the teams around loosely coupled microservices and re-wrote several systems from scratch using Java techs. I also coded their Facebook like Employee Portal using .Net and AngularJS
- Moved the systems from monolithic applications to loose-coupled microservice modules
- Helped coding several microservices with Java, Spring and Netflix Microservices Stack
- Coded Employee Portal using .Net and Angular
Jun, 2015 - Oct, 2016
Kodstar is a web-based solution to learning to code (like codeschool, teamtreehouse, codeacademy, etc.). The product was technically quite complex. and required solving out-of-ordinary problems, like running code in the browser and evaluating code semantically and
It is built on all kinds of state-of-the-art techs from micro-services to cloud. We completed the software, produced most of the education content, started beta tests, then we had to stop because of the political atmosphere in Turkey.
- Set and communicated a unified vision and culture
- Recruited talent and make sure the right people are in the right seats
- Helped architecting the product using Java, Play framework, Python, AngularJS
- Managed and contributed to coding, marketing, content production, customer building
- Seeked investment
Apr, 2011 - Jul, 2016
ÖSYM is one of the most critical corporations of Turkey that seriously effects lives of millions. The company was inefficient with several decades old tech. They often hit the headlines negatively.
I hired 20+ people including developers, testers, analysts, designers and organized into teams. We developed more than a dozen projects and successfully shipped all of them. In 4 years, we replaced 6 old softwares, introduced 7 new ones.
- Hired and led 20+ people to development of a dozen projects, using agile methods
- Solved unusual problems such as; automated publishing using latex, securing the questions with bank-level standarts
- Fullstack development using Java, Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS
Started the company from scratch together with owners and built a "health care management system" for hospitals.
We finished this "crazy complex" product (which many other companies failed to finish) with huge success and deployed to a public hospital in one year; within a fraction of expected cost and time.
- Recruited talent, set the culture and led development of Health Care Management System, using Agile methods
- Full stack development using Java, Hibernate, Swing
Started up sahacini.com, an online reservation system for private soccer fields (1+ billion dollar market) and a social network for players. Although we didn't fail, I stopped because of lack of co-founders and investment.
- Coded and started up sahacini.com
- Developed “TR-069 Configuration Server " for Turk Telekom, with which they can manage millions of customer devices, such as ADSL modems and IPTV STB’s
I was hired to help them start building a critical product.
- Helped jump start NBC (nuclear biologic chemical) command and control center project.
- Coded most of the underlying infrastructure using Java and related frameworks
- Mentored the team about code quality, Java tech and Agile methods
The corporation needed an ERP solution to manage its 1900+ associations. I co-led 14 people to development of the product using Java, Hibernate, Spring and JSF. We successfully finished the product and received high praise from the top management for improving the efficiency of the company. We were among the first to successfully enable agile in a big project in Turkey.
- Introduced ExtremeProgramming to the company, training/adopting developers about XP and practices
- Co-lead the team; solving team problems, helping developers, managing/planning iterations
- Co-developed an in-house framework
- Co-designed architecture of the system
- Developed peruse JSF/Facelets components
- Developed Fit/Fitnesse fixtures; both test and base fixtures
- Developed modules with team
I was a member of the architecture team within -billion dollar- "Air Force Command and Control Information System" project. The software was being developed for Turkish Air Force to help them manage war and peace time. There were hundreds of people working in the project. Me and another coworker developed an async database replication system, to effectively deliver time critical data (such as real-time radar data) to requiring units across the country.
- Development of an Asynchronous Replication Manager for real-time distributed database requirements, using Java
This is the first company I joined after graduation as a member of VEDOP (Tax Administration System) for ministry of finance, a project with hundreds of developers and hundreds of millions dollars budget. It was a project with stellar success and I learned a lot during my time in this company. I realize now that I was given very critical responsibilities uncommon for a junior developer.
- Single handedly maintained the core of the project, 100K+ lines of C++ infrastructure code
- Developed several business modules using C++
2019 - 2015
2014 - 2019
2009 - 2010