Jun, 2020 - Current
- Migrated search.creativecommons.org to Nuxt.js and refactored data loading architecture. Reduced average page size by 64%; reduced Sentry errors by 96%; and removed 20k lines of code. Re-wrote production environment to use a cluster of Node.js processes in parallel.
- Oversaw the implementation of Vocabulary, our internal design system, on all existing web properties and new projects. Managed our open source volunteer community and contributions to the design system.
- Transferred Vocabulary to a monorepo structure and implemented coordinated CI/CD pipeline for npm packages and Storybook documentation sites.
- Mentored interns through various projects: i18n of search.creativecommons.org; a11y improvements to our Vue.js component library, and A/B testing of various features.
- Wrote RFCs, technical documentation, and conducted research to guide the product team. Reduced ticketbacklog by 80% in one month.
Full Stack Developer
Feb, 2016 - Jun, 2020
- Architected and implemented a TypeScript monorepo containing a Design System, Admin Dashboard, and customer-facing eCommerce Platform.
- Wrote a serverless GraphQL service that powers both the admin dashboard and the ecommerce platform; with automatic code generation for TypeScript types.
- Built custom module for label printing using React and CSS grid.
- Wrote many custom accessible UI components for admin management of customer orders and color textile product inventory.
- Technology: TypeScript, React, Styled Components, Storybook, GraphQL, Next.js, Postgres, Postgraphile, Vercel
Full Stack Developer
2018 - 2019
- Wrote interactive game experiences in Vue.js and React, designed to increase e-commerce conversions. Made heavy use of animations, transitions, and bleeding-edge css features.
- Built multi-tenant SaaS platform with Postgres, GraphQL, and Vue.js. Served dynamic front-end modules on the fly based on user data.
- Architected and implemented supporting services: api emailer; and internal analytics platform.
2016 - 2018
- Architected and built the company's first full-stack application. Led a team of three developers; trained team on Vue.js and modern front-end component design
- Wrote custom, accessible UI controls for configuring textile products in an e-commerce user flow
- Set up build toolchain using Gulp and Webpack
2015 - 2016
- Wrote an in-house WordPress theme toolkit with UI-less components; configurable design tokens; and built-in tools for the marketing team that reduced average project length by 32%.
- Conducted a front-end performance audit on the existing WordPress toolchain; wrote and implemented an RFC leading to significant page size reductions.