InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Director of Engineering to help us change the way digital products are built.
About the Team:
The Product Platform and Architecture Zone is responsible for InVision’s architecture, and identifying and building business critical shared services and components in support of: billing, growth, authentication and accounts, and the unique needs of our largest Enterprise customers . Your role will be to help solve the most challenging technical and architectural problems that the engineering organization faces as we build out incredible product offerings that are part of InVision’s roadmap. We’re looking for a deeply technical leader who is collaborative that enjoys digging into the details and leading teams towards simple and innovative solutions that move at the blazing speed of our business. If you enjoy working with teams to help them solve problems that have never been solved before, then this is the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Lead six teams which own business critical services and areas
- Craft the technical vision for the Product Platform and Architecture zone and work with a team of strong managers to develop the roadmap to realize this vision
- Partner with our senior most engineers to help run the Architecture Interest Group which contains representatives from all across engineering
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach engineering leaders at different levels of experience
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Works closely with Principal Engineers leading design, architecture, process and development discussions that span a variety of different disciplines (front end, microservices, event driven systems, etc)
- Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software
- Drive improvements in software engineering practices across engineering
- Partners with Senior Management and Leadership across the company and with Product Management to identify and develop a strategic vision and the technology roadmap to achieve our technical and business goals
- Must be comfortable communicating and presenting with all levels within the company
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent organizational and people management skills. This leader must be a passionate developer of talent
- Proven ability to manage and resolve complex and ambiguous issues and business challenges
- Multiple years of hands-on engineering experience
- You’ve built excellent engineering cultures that embrace metrics and data-driven decision making
- You understand how to navigate engineering complexity and drive towards simplicity and clarity
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Ace Your Application.