WooCommerce is building a Customer Success practice, and we’re looking for an experienced candidate to lead this new initiative.
As Director of Customer Success, you will lead proactive work with our highest-value customers to understand their areas of concern, solicit product feedback, and drive revenue growth for WooCommerce through renewals and expansion. If you are passionate about customer advocacy and have relevant experience in a Customer Success leadership role, please apply!
What You Will Be Doing
- As our first Customer Success hire, you will be directly and individually responsible for ensuring the successful retention and growth of our most valuable customers as an immediate priority. This is a new role at WooCommerce, and we are looking for a candidate that can start working as an individual contributor and demonstrate success, before potentially recruiting and leading a team.
- You will engage with strategic customers throughout their journey with WooCommerce, building long-term relationships that help ensure our customers realize the full value of our products.
- Partner with executive leadership across the business, product, and customer support to develop and execute strategies that create successful, growing customers.
- Deliver on quarterly targets and key metrics through operational excellence.
- Help create customer wins, model customers, references, and case studies.
- Establish trusted and consistent executive relationships with customers to ensure their long-term success with WooCommerce.
What You Should Have
- Experience working within a large Customer Success organization, or overseeing customer success (or professional services teams/organizations), preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Experience leading—and developing—seasoned and new team members.
- Demonstrated experience leading and working in a fast-moving and high-growth environment.
- Proven success and a track record of delivering against targets and KPIs.
- Excellent executive-level communication skills both with customers and internally.
- Experience building executive relationships and driving/influencing change with both small and large organizations.
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please answer the following question in your application (applications without this information will not be reviewed):
Tell us about an interesting customer situation you were involved in. What made it interesting to you? If the situation was an issue, how was it resolved?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Ace Your Application.