Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Are you an experienced frontend engineer who wants to take on a fresh new project? We’re looking for a fast-moving React engineer who wants to deliver code that makes a real difference for our customers. Minimal bureaucracy, work 100% remotely from anywhere, and build some cool stuff.
If this sounds fun, let’s get to know each other…
The BodyShop Booster team is hiring our first few in-house software engineers!! We’ve got some BIG initiatives planned for 2021-2022 and are scaling up our product and engineering teams to ensure we’re building world-class software for body shop owners around the world.
What’s The Gig?
- Join our tight team of in-house engineers (being hired now) to rebuild our software platform as our full-time Front-End Software Engineer. You will architect and develop modern frontend applications using React.
- Have ownership over technical architecture decisions and help our company build an amazing product and engineering culture from the ground up.
- Work within a design system to ship code at a high velocity – we’re charging forward to ship this new platform, after which we can come up for air and start building some amazing new features in the future.
- Build a stable platform that’s maintainable and covered by a robust set of automated tests. You should have significant experience designing, debugging, and optimizing frontend applications to make them fast and reliable. You should also have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
- Evaluate new technologies where we find we have gaps or areas for improvement which these will help resolve.
What Are We Looking For?
- You’re comfortable with the unknown. We’re making major updates to the way our software operates, and you’re comfortable operating in the “gray” area, ideally helping us figure out the solutions along the way.
- You like “just enough” process. We are big on making sure everything we do is “right time, right action”. You’re on board with that approach, and are ready to build processes to help us work without slowing us down like a “big company”.
- You genuinely care. You don’t just feel like you care, you show you care. Your customers’ success is yours, and so is their failure. You design and implement major user-facing features with the intent of helping the customer win. You should have great product sense and be able to think through user experience issues before diving into the code, and you exhibit a love for great UI.
- You’re proactive. You don’t wait, you take the initiative. You ask. You act. You look for ways to do more than expected. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
- You show integrity. You protect our Intellectual Property and user data. Every action you take is 100% legal, ethical, and would make you proud if you saw it on the 6 o’clock news.
- You’re a team player. We’re NOT looking for rockstar performers – we want rock-solid teammates. You’re on board with the fact that we will succeed or fail as a team.
- You follow-through. You keep your word: When you say you’ll do something, it gets done.
- 4+ years using REST APIs
- Experience with Jest, Cypress or any other test framework
- Experience using any kind of UI component frameworks such as Material UI, Bootstrap (we’re going to use Tailwind)
- DevOps experience with builds and releases (Gitlab)
- Fluent English
- Great teamwork skills
Bonus if you have experience working with SaaS products, or if you have experience working with Jest or Cypress!
Like what you see?
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply.
Even if you’re thinking: “This definitely could be me!” apply below, anyways — we love diverse and non-traditional backgrounds and would love to talk with you.
About BodyShop Booster:
BodyShop Booster is a sales and marketing platform for body shops. With a 100% remote team and executive leadership team with extensive industry experience, BSB provides a virtual sales and marketing experience for its clients – allowing shops to perform estimates, send marketing campaigns, ask for reviews, and close deals – all 100% remote via our software platform. BSB is growing fast and innovating even faster, and is always on the prowl for top-notch people to join the team!
Ace Your Application.