Graphic Designer (Fully Remote)
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Who we are and why what we do matters:
Do you want to begin your day knowing that your designs are making a meaningful impact in others’ lives? At DCG Communications we’re helping the government innovate in new ways to allow government employees better serve Veterans, caregivers, and their families. DCG Communications is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our creative team. We are looking for skilled problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who are passionate about adding to our team culture as well as leveraging their design skills to make a difference.
At DCG Communications (DCG), we help clients reach their target audiences, build their brands, and enhance their reputations by hiring smart, innovative people and allowing them to use their skills and passions. Our work isn’t just creative, it’s meaningful. DCG supports several long-term contracts with federal agencies, including the Departments of Veterans Affairs, Defense, State, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, the U.S. Small Business Administration, Coast Guard, and the Agency for Global Media. When you are part of the DCG team, you help shape important initiatives from ending Veteran homelessness and suicide to curbing human trafficking in the United States.
Location: At DCG, many of our team members including this role are remote. With over 100 employees based in 19 states (and counting!), DCG is committed to hiring talented employees across the United States. The selected candidate will work during DCG’s core Eastern Standard Time business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts or visual arts/communications from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s degree may be waived with exceptional portfolio/selling points
- A minimum of 3-4+ years of professional design experience in a marketing, agency or communications setting
- Advanced knowledge and skill with all related Adobe Creative Cloud products (IE Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects)
- You’re a natural storyteller that can take an idea and apply it across multiple mediums such as digital, print, video and motion design
- Experience with tools such as sketch, figma, inVision a plus
- Self-starter; driven; eager to learn and grow
- Must be able to provide an updated link or PDF of portfolio work samples
- 508 compliance knowledge a plus
- Collaborate with the creative team and work closely with art directors, writers and other team members to continually push and strategically ideate new and innovative ideas across all platforms, technologies and products
- Have exceptional communication skills & attention to detail
- Able to work independently on a project with light oversight but know when to raise hand and ask “WHY”
- Ability to absorb, apply and pivot based on internal and client feedback
- Able to present work and make sound recommendations to internal and client stakeholders
- Keep a pulse on the industry at large and bring ideas/recommendations to the table around how we could apply them to our current/future work
What’s in it for you?
DCG prides itself on having a unique and flexible culture. We value hard-working, self-motivated and dedicated employees and are committed to providing an opportunity for tremendous career growth and earning potential.
DCG Life Medium Blog: https://medium.com/dcg-life
DCG Life Instagram: @dcglife
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Retirement plan with 4% corporate match and 100% vesting from day one
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent, parking, transit)
- 5 days per year towards professional development, training, and conferences
DCG Communications (DCG) is a specialized communications consultancy focused on developing influential communications programs to help clients build their brands and enhance their reputations. A majority of our work is with the federal government and we currently support a number of long-term projects with the following agencies: Departments of Veterans Affairs, Defense, State, Homeland Security, Housing & Urban Development, Small Business Administration, U.S. Coast Guard, BBG, and more!
DCG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Ace Your Application.