Automattic is looking for a dynamic, versatile growth marketer to join our WooCommerce marketing team. You will develop and implement strategies that drive growth across the entire customer journey, wielding both marketing savvy and technical expertise!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, test and iterate on strategies to grow platform adoption and subscriber revenue growth using a variety of tactics and tools. You’ll need to think deeply about all potential conversion points within the various funnels, considering all channels from email and landing pages to in-app suggestions and notifications.
- Own and execute on your ideas – from crafting the messaging to building campaigns and pushing code into production.
- Measure, track and provide detailed reporting on the impact of our growth marketing efforts.
- Analyse customer data and external research to inform our growth strategies and tactics.
- Have experience with:
- Building data-informed marketing strategies.
- Writing marketing copy and crafting messaging for campaigns.
- Building highly targeted campaigns with sophisticated email automation tools.
- A/B and multivariate testing methodologies.
- Web analytics and conversion optimisation tools.
- Working with large data sets.
- Have worked at least 5-7 years in a similar position(s).
- Have solid front-end development experience (CSS, HTML, PHP).
- Have a good understanding of how to customise WordPress/WooCommerce.
- Have a passion for driving growth and a proven track record within the tech space.
- Clearly communicate goals and progress.
- Hold yourself and others accountable.
- Have a hands-on approach to getting things done.
Experience running Paid Media campaigns or SEM.
We’re a distributed company with more than 900 Automatticians in 65+ countries speaking 75+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly.
If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address the following in your cover letter:
Share one example of a marketing campaign where you contributed to the strategy, messaging and technical implementation. What was the strategy? How did the strategy align with the broader business goals? Please share any links if possible.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out in your application letter by telling us why you’d like to join Automattic.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
Ace Your Application.