Lead Software Developer
- UNITED STATES OR MEXICO
- IT – APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT DELIVERY – FRONT-END
- FULL TIME
SafeAuto has been a leading provider of affordable state minimum coverage since its founding in 1993. From humble beginnings in a small, one room office downtown to a full office building near Easton Town Center, SafeAuto has always been proud to call Columbus, Ohio home. With an unwavering entrepreneurial spirit and the idea that everybody has the right to have insurance, we’re now providing options in 28 states for drivers who are looking to save hard-earned dollars. SafeAuto offers flexible payment plans, immediate coverage, and 24/7 customer service through the phone and web. Whether you’re looking for auto, commercial, home, life, motorcycle or renters insurance, our dedicated team rides with you around the clock to ensure we are providing you the coverage that fits your needs. Our agents are available to assist you 24/7 at 1-800-SAFEAUTO (1-800-723-3288). Play it safe with SafeAuto! For more information, visit www.safeauto.com.
The Road Ahead:
SafeAuto is seeking a talented individual to join our team as an eCommerce Web Developer/Architect. Reporting to the Frontend Run Leader, this person will work within a development team, enhancing the digital marketing capabilities of the Safe Auto websites.
The Nuts and Bolts:
- Be a part of a collaborative development environment with both build and run responsibilities
- Help the team quickly identify and solve challenges and blockers
- Participate in the analysis and implementation of new solutions
- Develop clean, standards based modern code
- Work with team members to ensue tasks are completed on schedule, conduct code reviews, maintain code quality and troubleshoot defects
- Enforce coding standards that support the organization’s architectural roadmap/strategy
- Evaluate team processes and find ways to improve
- Support all aspects of testing
- Train, coach, and mentor team members and peers
- Conduct Code Reviews for developers
- Conduct technical reviews for system integrators
- Participate and/or lead estimating sessions
- Other, related duties, as assigned
- Experience with the following technologies: C#; .Net framework (4.5 and above), AngularJS or Angular 4 and above, SQL Server or Oracle (DB2 experience preferred), Azure DevOps, VSTS, Xamarin, Entity Framework, Web API/Rest API
- Experience with WCF Services
- Solid understanding of and experience working in an Agile environment
- Prior experience in a leadership position
- This position requires the ability to function effectively with only minimal supervision.
- Work closely with management to plan and prioritize team backlog items
- The ability to work and thrive in a collaborative development environment
- Proven critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience working with an onshore/offshore model
- Experience working in a run team environment with build and production support responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven working experience in web application development
- Knowledge of browser constraints and providing solutions to the constraints of older browsers
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience implementing quality control software, such as SonarQube
- Great comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision
- Paid time off and eight (8) paid holidays so you can visit your family, take a trip, or enjoy a staycation
- 401k with company match
- Rewards for great work – yearly performance-based bonuses
- Opportunity for advancement in a growing company and industry
- Work from home – spend less time in traffic, spend more time with family!
- Wellness program – Earn up to $400 per year for improving or maintaining your health and fitness. (subject to program guidelines).
Ace Your Application.