InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Lead Front End Engineer - Communications to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team
The Communications Squad works on our commenting and communication features within InVision software. This is a very impactful part of InVision, as our mission is to encourage the space between design and engineering to be more collaborative. On this team, you will be working on enhancing our commenting and collaboration features to ensure our customers stay connected to their work and to each other. You’ll be working in a modern web stack (React, Typescript) and helping drive innovative engineering design in our core product experience.
What you’ll do:
- Build and own operational excellence of robust front-end services that must be performant under load, scalable, and handle large sets of data
- Help lead front-end engineering efforts within the team
- Coach & mentor other developers on the team and act as a point of contact for cross team initiatives
- Create system documentation/play book(s) and serve as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design, and code reviews
- Refactor code on an ongoing basis to improve developer efficiency, architecture, and quality
- Work closely with product managers and designers to design and develop the product’s functionality, look, and feel
What you’ll bring:
- Multiple years of front-end experience working on teams designing, building, and debugging high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end
- Multiple years of experience mentoring and leading less experienced engineers
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level; you also have the ability and interest to teach others best practices
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Ace Your Application.