Indeed offers a range of products to enable organizations to efficiently manage their hiring experiences. Our vision is to simplify the hiring experience and use technology to suggest the most relevant product to our recruiters. We own the platform that not only drives the recruiter’s first login experience, but also increases their daily engagement. Our platform integrates with all teams across Indeed and requires highly technical, innovative, flexible thinkers with excellent communication and passion for delivering the best experience to help recruiters use our products. Our business is growing rapidly, both in revenue and number of customers, but we have just started. There are numerous opportunities for building new systems and product features, but we need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for Enterprise customers.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be expected to design new systems, build them, and sometimes invent new algorithms. At the same time, you will be applying engineering best practices, and helping to create a culture of software quality and operational excellence through the organization. You will work with Product Managers (PM), Data Scientists (DS), Quality Assurance (QA), and other stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to help define the product roadmap and to provide input into the business strategy.
If our mission and these challenges resonate with you, then we need to talk!
Who You Are
We're looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about software quality, improving the design/development process, and building highly available systems
- Is dedicated to providing the best possible customer experience
- Enjoys a highly diverse, collaborative, and cross-functional environment
- Stays abreast of modern technologies and practices, and judiciously recommends the introduction of new technology into our product
- Fosters long-term team success, is willing to learn, provide appropriate guidance, and to contribute to a healthy work environment.
- 10+ years of software development experience with programming languages such as Java, C#/C++, or Go
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience with Service-Oriented architectures
- Deep understanding of SQL and NOSQL databases
- Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
- Deep understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field (Master’s is a plus)
Ace Your Application.