Product Designer, Web & Mobile at RV LIFE
We are looking for a Product Designer with experience and passion for creating consumer web and mobile products.
Why Work For Us?
We are a laid-back company that focuses on nurturing our employees and working together to make the RV’ing experience as easy as possible for our users. We are a remote company to our core, with many employees traveling full time. We have an adventurous and collaborative spirit with a strong work/life balance. We work hard, but we don't sacrifice what matters most — you, your family, or personal adventures.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k) for Full-Time employees
- Monthly stipend for health and well-being purchases like coffee, gym memberships, mental health programs, and high-speed internet.
- Complimentary high-end system for designing
- Flexible time off
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with applicable experience
- Team Retreats and Team Meetups
- Experience helping build complex and interactive products within a software company
- Mastery of Figma (or similar UI/UX Tools like Sketch or Adobe XD): the ability to build components, use auto-layout, build interactions and flows
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams and communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- Experience working within brand guidelines and design systems
- Deep understanding of user-centered design principles
- Experience with whiteboarding tools such as Figjam, Miro, or Mural
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your abilities
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with designers and developers to understand and balance technical constraints, cross-product consistency, business requirements, and user goals
- Ability to defend and communicate the rationale for design decisions
- Work on evolving and improving how our customers interact with our existing product/feature mix, as well as helping design brand-new features and products. This is a highly collaborative role working cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Shape, define, and own unified user experience journeys across all interactions while connecting dots across our entire portfolio of brands and products
- Apply current design schemes to new layouts, update existing layouts, and/or create mock-ups
- Update layouts, make adjustments, or address weaknesses in designs based on feedback from users, designers, developers, product owners, market research, or other stakeholders
- Uphold best practices for design systems that unite the work of design and development
- Depending on your interests and areas of expertise, you may also be called upon to flex your skills in research, strategy, user experience, and/or interface design
- Motion Design/Animation experience
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Understanding of Modern Web and Mobile App development fundamentals
- Knowledge of Maze for rapid prototype testing through Figma.
- Experience working with SaaS and Subscription Products
- Any RV experience or grand travel adventures
Our Hiring Process:
- Phone screen
- Interview with Design Team
- Design Exercise
That's it, three simple steps! First, when you fill out our application, don't be afraid to let your personality shine through your resume and cover letter. It helps us get to know you quicker and is a great way to stand out!
The phone screen is our chance to get to know you better and ask any clarifying questions we may have about your resume.
The interview with our Design Team will include a deep dive into your portfolio, where we will ask questions to understand better your creative process, workflow, and topics of that nature.
Ace Your Application.