- Product Management
- United States
- Full time
We’re looking for people who are paw-sitively passionate about pets!
At VitusVet, we’re a mission-driven company advocating for our four-legged friends that can’t speak for themselves. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. Our mission is to promote transparency and develop digital products that deliver real value to veterinary practices and pet owners. Our ultimate goal is to improve the well-being of all pets.
Our CEO/co-founder, Mark Olcott, was an ER veterinarian for 15 years before going back to business school to solve an all too common problem he faced at his practice. He believed that pet owners should be able to access the medical records they needed anytime, anywhere, not just during business hours. The first product Mark and his co-founder developed was an app for owners to obtain their pet’s medical records at any time and on the go.
Now, VitusVet has become the best multi-channel communication and payments tool in veterinary medicine. Why? Because our hard-working, collaborative team puts the needs of clients first.
About the Role
The Product Manager will be responsible for understanding the needs of pet owners, veterinary practices, and the business itself, and balancing those needs against feature development and our roadmap. Simply put, they’ll be in charge of determining what we build, what we don’t build, and how it works. These decisions will be based on internal and external conversations. You’ll have a direct impact on our product on a daily basis. You’ll touch nearly all aspects of the product, from consumer side features to internal tooling, and your work will highly impact the state of the product and our company as a whole.
We’re a fast-paced startup with the amazing mission of helping pets. You’ll also have the opportunity to help shape the culture, values, and processes of our product department as it grows to meet the needs of the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the ideation, implementation, and launch of innovative products
- Drive product development with VitusVet’s engineers and designers
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Have a deep understanding of the problems that customers/veterinary practices are facing
- Serve as the veterinary practice and customer’s voice within the organization
- Establish the direction and vision of their product
- Set and adjust the roadmap
- Shepherd features through design, coordinating tweaks and adjustments
- Ensure a smooth handoff of features and chores to engineering
- Create proper documentation for all new features and product updates
- Communicate new features and updates, both internally and to customers and veterinary practices
What You Bring:
- 3+ years of product management experience
- SaaS and/or eCommerce is a plus
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence
- Data-driven product approach and an ability to balance user and business impact
- Shipped creative and highly successful consumer tech products; involved in process end-to-end
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills – you have the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple, easy to understand ways.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Direct experience in UX/UI design is a plus, but not required
- Agile/SCRUM experience is a plus, but not required
- Experience in the veterinary (or other brick and mortar service) industry is a plus, but not required
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock options
- Health, Dental, Vision and Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
- Wellness program (gym reimbursement)
- Professional development
- Work from anywhere
At VitusVet, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VitusVet believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Being legally authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment with VitusVet.
Ace Your Application.