We are building the site editing experience for the WordPress mobile apps. We want our users to be able to manage their WordPress sites, publish new blog posts, and connect with their followers from anywhere in the world. We are bringing the power of the Gutenberg editor into the mobile apps which is WordPress’ new block-based editor that is used by millions of people.
This position might be a good fit if you are:
- Highly collaborative and you love participating in code reviews and discussions about architecture or design.
- Understand the basics of HTML5, and CSS3.
- Experienced with native Android or iOS software development.
- Comfortable about implementing custom React Native components, including native-side code where needed.
- Knowledgeable about design patterns and testability; experience with end to end testing and unit testing is very welcome.
- Thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
- Experience with shared code between mobile and Web projects
- Experience in working on accessibility.
- UI design skills and knowledge of platform design specifications.
- PHP, WordPress, and REST API backend programming experience.
- Data analysis experience, and understanding of how analytics can influence product decisions.
- Knowledge of tooling and build systems.
- Open source contributions, particularly involvement in open source (or other) communities.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
Curious who works in engineering at Automattic? Meet our Mobile Engineers – Thuy, Elisa, and Aaron!
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Ace Your Application.