Title: Sr. UX Designer
Location: Reston, VA or Remote
*This position can be remote within the US*
What we are looking for
ScienceLogic is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer with a passion for solving highly technical business problems. Our products collect millions of data points a day it’s our job to make that data easy for our users to comprehend and take appropriate actions.
You’ll be involved in every step of the design process working collaboratively with Product Management and UX Researchers to identify opportunities and paint the future vision for our solutions, while also leading larger projects to bring these solutions to life. You’ll lead larger design projects, working with other members of the UX team, to bring these solutions to life.
We are a distributed design team working with customers, stakeholders, and development teams all over the world. This position reports to the Manager, UX Design.
What you’ll be doing
- Help to drive the strategy and vision of our products; leading to a consistent and efficient end-to-end experience for our customers in a product that is sophisticated and complex.
- Lead large strategic design projects defining an 18-24 month vision for our products, working collaboratively with senior Product leadership.
- Collaborate and build partnerships with UX and other product team members, senior internal stakeholders, and of course: our customers and users.
- Work with architects and engineering leads to quickly establish feasibility for strategic design proposals.
- Lead large tactical design projects. Working with product and junior members of the UX team to bring phases of our experience vision to life.
- Mentor junior members of the UX team
- Assist with UX Strategy and DesignOps
Qualities you possess
- Great storytelling abilities and compelling presentation skills. You can clearly articulate the design problem, the tradeoffs you’ve made in your solution, and the impact of different approaches.
- Willing and able to come up to speed quickly in a complex domain. You have the curiosity and willingness to dive into the technical details when needed.
- Aptitude for workshop and participatory design session facilitation
- Enthusiasm for cross-functional team collaboration
- Strong prioritization skills: you understand that sometimes a solution requires pixel-perfect designs representing every edge case, and at other times that a few rough sketches are more than enough.
- You are comfortable making decisions without all the information and can quickly regroup once a misstep is discovered.
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
Experience and Education
- Three or more years’ experience on a cross-functional product team designing technical products: enterprise applications, complex data visualizations, or developer tools
- Advanced degree in UX, HCI, UXD, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar – or equivalent work experience.
- Experience w/ Figma, or experience with Sketch, XD or Axure and a willingness to move to Figma
- Experience working with distributed design and development teams preferred
- An online portfolio is not required, but we will want to review case studies or other examples of your previous work.
This will really get our attention
- You have some understanding of cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, Azure of Google Cloud
- You have some understanding of IT and Network Infrastructure
Ace Your Application.