Software Engineer, Frontend
- U.S. REMOTE
Welcome is a virtual event platform for high-end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an Apple product launch. We’ve built the first five-star virtual event venue and have the product and services to match. Our flagship product allows our customers to create an event that feels like an interactive TV show. There is nothing else like it.
We’re well-funded by top VCs. Within three months of a soft launch we’ve already signed a Fortune 500 company and the world‘s largest investment fund. Over the next few years, we project that we will be the number one player in the space with massive market share, resulting in huge revenue and valuation.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to have a massive impact on Welcome’s business. We are growing insanely fast and looking for a strong frontend software engineer to join our world-class team, match the tsunami of demand we are already experiencing, and help us grow even faster.
You want your work to have significant and measurable positive impact. You love bringing people together. Your happiness comes from the joy of others, and you look forward to building stand-out moments of delight into the Welcome experience. You are a keen problem solver and team player. You take pride in the craftsmanship of your work, and appreciate when it is rewarded; our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not okay with broken features. The frontend software engineering role at Welcome encompasses architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build and release products in a way that upholds the luxury quality of our brand.
A day in the life of a Frontend Software Engineer at Welcome includes:
- Being part of an inclusive, collaborative team that embraces healthy discussions and supports each other in their goals.
- Architecting, designing, implementing, testing, and delivering robust and delightful products, continuing to keep the Welcome experience best-in-class.
- Mastering our development process, culture, and code base, then improving it. Continually leaving each of these in a better state than when you found.
- Working closely with our design team to understand the correct trade-offs and fully execute the UI/UX vision for our applications.
The next great Frontend Software Engineer at Welcome will have:
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience building with WebRTC or other audio/video technologies
- Experience with at least one backend web framework (Spring, Express, Rails, Django, et al.). Our backend is built in Ruby on Rails
- Experience building highly concurrent and scalable web applications, understanding of browser/DOM performance
- Track record of being a top performer in current and past roles
Our Investments in You:
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Wellness/fitness & internet reimbursements
- Top of the line 13-inch Macbook Pro
- $1,000 home office and video conferencing budget (not including laptop) to create an accessible, productive, and comfortable work environment
- Opportunity to work with tech’s best talent; An incredible team with a great blend of hustle, productivity and a ton of fun!
- Opportunities to attend the most high-end virtual events in the world
Ace Your Application.