Automattic’s mission is to democratize publishing and commerce so that anyone, anywhere can tell their story or sell their product. As a TAM for WordPress VIP, you will help drive our customers’ adoption of our products by managing and understanding our clients and partners from discovery, through launch, and beyond.
Our TAMs are the "voice of the customer" and our operational client contacts with high touch engagements. They understand their clients' business demands, operational needs, and technical challenges to help them achieve the greatest value from Automattic products. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent Automattic while driving client decisions regarding technical and product strategy, incidents, trade-offs and risk management. Working closely with engineering, you will provide advocacy and strategic technical guidance to help plan and build solutions using standard methodologies.
Software development and architecture experience will help you succeed, however, coding is not in scope for this position. Some moderate travel is required – expect quarterly as a baseline.
You are motivated by impact, whether that’s achieved by rapid deployment of bespoke, high-profile sites, helping newsrooms take control of their online publishing, or working with some of the most influential companies in the world and helping them get the most out of WordPress and our VIP program.
Your style is to get things done while reducing friction for your colleagues and clients, to respond rapidly when called upon, as well as being proactive. You view our clients as partners, not just customers, and pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships. You enjoy managing projects and timelines and working with everyone from engineers to GMs and VPs of Sales.
In addition, you are:
- Comfortable with a high volume of communication and switching tasks at a moment’s notice.
- Quick to solve problems that pop up, and collaborate with developers.
- Accomplished at distilling goals and wish-lists into concrete next steps.
- Skilled in conflict management and resolution.
- Undaunted by managing risks in high stakes situations.
- Excited by kick-off calls and getting everyone on the same page.
- Experienced in working with WordPress or other web technologies.
Automattic is a distributed company where staff choose their own schedules and work from wherever they are. For this role, however, we’re expanding our team in North & South America. We’re prioritizing applicants interested in a daytime work schedule and residing within time zones UTC-3 through UTC-7.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: All company travel is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, physical disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This is a full-time, salaried, remote role. When you’re ready to apply, please fill out the form below. In your cover letter, please include the following:
- Tell us what you can contribute to the team!
- Let us know about your experience with WordPress.
- Describe how you stay organized managing multiple fast-paced projects.
Ace Your Application.