Director, Marketing|Nov, 2015 – Current
Brand management, audience development, and market positioning for a blue chip podcasting network and technology platform.
- Leading visual design, web development, public relations outreach, and audience ownership strategy efforts for the #1 podcast Revisionist History from Malcolm Gladwell
- Managing identity creation, market positioning, and business development story behind Megaphone.fm, the premier content management and distribution platform in podcasting
- Researching, drafting, and codifying brand standards, mission, vision, and values for the organization
- Pioneering audience engagement and audience growth tactics for network partners and original podcasts
- Re-booting the B2B marketing narrative and sales collateral, leading to multiple new high-profile partnerships
Director, Content Strategy|May, 2011 – Nov, 2015
UX and design leadership, brand identity, and strategic planning for a local commerce marketplace with more than 20 million members.
- Managed a multi-disciplinary team of interface designers, visual designers, researchers, content strategists, and copywriters in an internal agency environment serving business units across the company
- Organized and launched multiple content-focused consumer content pilots, leading to new merchandising product features responsible for a shift in company strategy
- Selected to spearhead the creation and implementation of a re-booted social media strategy, revitalizing the channel and making it a useful platform for content and direct advertising
- Developed and refined LivingSocial's brand voice, wrote its brand book, and served as the go-to person for all identity-related projects
- Wrote and art directed the creation of extensive multi-channel marketing and advertising collateral
- Rapidly promoted from individual contributor to senior management, recognized by senior leadership with multiple awards, and selected numerous times for cross-functional strategy groups
Managing Director|Dec, 2006 – May, 2011
Content creation, client services, and project management for a full-service boutique marketing agency.
- Managed content strategy, information architecture, and site development for an ABA-accredited law school, a national trade association, and an international conference
- Created content, coded templates, and maintained membership for a 50,000 member email distribution list
- Led a comprehensive branding initiative for a 100+ employee nonpartisan think tank
- Provided strategic direction and day-to-day account services for 10+ clients simultaneously
- Developed concepts, oversaw creative development, and executed delivery of targeted direct mail and email campaigns
- Wrote and edited marketing copy and press releases for print, web, and email collateral
Office of United States Senator Gordon H. Smith
Legislative Correspondent|Aug, 2004 – Dec, 2006
Policy advisor on issues of foreign affairs, tax, trade, defense, and homeland security.
- Crafted policy speeches and generated correspondence to the President, cabinet members, foreign officials, and constituents
- Selected to travel with congressional staff delegation to China and Hong Kong to discuss intellectual property policy with Chinese officials and American businesses in China
- Worked with the White House, Senate committees, the State Department, and other Senate offices to create original briefing materials for Congressional Delegations