Testing & Deployment Engineer
As a Testing and Deployment Engineer at Tutuka, you'll be working closely with the entire technical team to build enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing systems that power tens of millions of transactions and tie them to web, mobile and API interfaces that make it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid cards all over the world.
You will help to develop and maintain automated web app testing for APIs in support of our Tutuka applications, playing a pivotal role to establish frameworks for automated testing, service virtualisation, enterprise data and data quality assurance in addition to helping Tutuka move towards continuous testing practices.
What you get to do:
Be part of improving our solutions -
- Partner with all levels of the technical team to build and enhance a framework focused on automation.
- Develop customer-centric automation test processes for all existing and new product development.
- Collaborate and build tools for internal use to ensure quality at scale.
- Run deployments and improve deployment strategy.
- Manage the incident response process including client reporting as well as identification and tracking of remediation items.
- Create test strategies for a wide range of technically challenging products.
- Develop and contribute to changes in our software test methodology.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation to assist other engineers in quickly debugging and resolving production-related issues.
- Document, troubleshoot, and resolve bugs through reviews with development team.
- Execute and report automated and manual test cases during all phases of the development life cycle.
What it takes to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer (fluency in at least two programming language)
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with project management (User Story Mapping, JIRA)
- Strong communication skills: ability to explain complex technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with continuous testing practices.
- Experience with test frameworks.
- Knowledge of REST protocol and web sockets.
- Experience with AWS highly recommended.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent working experience.
English is our company language, so it’s important that you be able to communicate at a fluent level. This is a full-time, remote contractor position and we are looking for candidates in Latin America and (Eastern) Europe / Balkans.
Flexible hours are a must for our remote team. You’ll need to be able to occasionally shift your work hours to a schedule aligned with Johannesburg, South Africa (GMT+2).
What you can look forward to:
At Tutuka we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. As values are important to us, you can look forward to working alongside fellow Tutukans, who share these values. You’ll be part of a team that is passionate about making a difference on a global scale.
We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences & identities.