Senior iOS Developer|Apr, 2015 – Current
I have been working on a new social networking as lead iOS developer, and also involved in several other existing iOS projects to fix bugs and features, including ScoreCube, etc. I have also sent to Black Citrus' partner AirService to help them sort out some technical issue regarding the iOS platform.
- Working on a new social networking platform as lead iOS developer.
- Worked on several existing iOS projects as mobile developer, including ScoreCube, etc.
- Worked on iOS apps development for www.airservice.com.
Senior iOS Developer|May, 2014 – Apr, 2015
- Worked on several social networking iOS projects with other mobile / server developers, including Tipi, Fancied, etc.
- Worked on a HealthKit based project FitFox; managing an offshore team for backend development.
- Worked on an Ionic/Cordova based cross-platform project with native plugin development.
Mpire Media PTE Ltd
Senior Mobile Developer|May, 2011 – Feb, 2014
While in Mpire, I was fully responsible of creating and maintaining mobile apps based on company’s marketing direction, building apps for different affiliates in multiple regions, reviewing product specifications based on technical aspect and making advice, and keeping all the projects on schedule.
- Worked on several iOS and Android projects, including Music Charts Player, Flipevent, Android Antivirus & Security, etc.
- Cooperating with marketing department to make quick changes based on live marking result. Monitoring tracking status and reporting regularly.
- Cooperating with web development team to design new protocols, implement new features, and analyze and fix issues.
- Cooperating with a newly founded Croatian mobile development team to work together on some recent mobile apps, e.g. App Lounge, Cloud Miner, etc.
- Taking care of modules outsourced to other independent developers.
Super Art Software
CEO|Dec, 2010 – May, 2011
I was working on several iPhone apps during this period of time during that time, for example Suar Photo Sharing. It is a social networking app I've been working on before I was employed in Australia. It's my personal project and I wrote a GAE based NoSQL engine to back it up. It's very much like the Parse API and actually I have built some similar thing based on AWS as well, which was used by another app called Readish (which was discontinued because of the shutdown of Google Reader), and eventually in my recent project I moved to Parse. I'm still quite happy with the fact that I was working on the right direction, although I could get enough resource to make it a successful product myself. I also put some effort to make the UI of the app looks a bit different by introducing a dynamic photo matrix with animation.
Mobiquest Solution PTE Ltd.
Senior iOS Developer|Jun, 2010 – Dec, 2010
I have lead projects to production based on various requirements of the clients. Although the initial product spec and product schedule should always followed, for some (large cooperation) clients sometimes there are additional requirements due to their own business modal. My duty is also to work on their new requirements and make arrangements to ensure the products’ quality, and make them go live as soon as possible.
- Worked on several iPhone apps architecture design and implementation.
- Finished projects include apps for Citibank Singapore, Citibank Australia, PAssion Card (EZ-Link), and I2R in Singapore
Super Art Software
CEO|Apr, 2008 – Jun, 2010
- Developed various apps for famous clients in China such as Pingan Bank (id358327241), iFeng HD (id370532345), Anatomy Pronunciations (id319654053), etc.
- Participated in several iPhone courses as teacher in Beijing, China, including a series of official iDUP (iPhone Developer University Program) training courses held by Beijing Normal University and Apple Inc.
- Created an on-the-fly media serving system PHPAV, which joins and serves media files to user dynamically. Mp4 and flv formats were supported. This system was implemented with PHP, and was replaced by CastAV because of performance and flexibility considerations. There was an XML profile mechanism as well.
- Created an on-the-fly media serving system CAV, which is a replacement of PHPAV. It allows various media operation, such as joining, adding metadata, trimming, etc. on various media formats (containers mostly), including mp4/mov, flv, mp3, ogg, vob/mpeg2, wmv/asf, etc. These operations are done on the fly, which means the media is serving to users dynamically. This system is written in PHP, and the core media/container format handling modules are implemented in C as PHP extensions to reach maximum performance.
- Created multiple toolkits and scripts for the production servers.
ATEN IT-Lab Shanghai co.,Ltd
Senior Software Developer|Mar, 2007 – Mar, 2008
- Participated in IGSM, a cross-platform server management system. Worked on a Quick Cursor module, details including protocol paring and handling, and screen drawing.
- Participated in iKVM, a cross-platform control panel of ATEN KVM products. Worked on a Virtual USB module, making it a platform independent lib, and work on both Windows and Linux. Some GDI/X11 based GUI programming was involved as well.
- Worked on CN6000 firmware customization, which was based on a build-in web server, which was implemented by C on embedded Linux. Most works were done with C / HTML / Java Script.
- Participated in project management, version control, and documentation writing of various projects.
- Participated in testing and debugging of various projects.
Serial Microelectronics (Hong Kong) Ltd
Project Manager|Mar, 2006 – Mar, 2007
- Created and designed media transcoding application MP4Maker and related CD Media Tools for the MSilicon MP4/PMP product line. It was implemented with Borland C++ Builder.
- Participated in porting Lua Virtual Machine, DirectFB, GNUBoy, MPlayer to MSilicon customized Linux as programmer. Most codes were done with C. Various GNU tools involved, such as make, configure, etc.
- Implemented and led Inovix IMP-2010 MP4 Player to mass production as project manager and programmer. The programming works were based on C and Lua.
Importek Multimedia & Telecom (Tianjin) co.,Ltd
Software Developer|Jul, 2004 – Mar, 2006
As the leader of MP3/PMP Team., I participated in several projects based on various solutions, including but not limited to SigmaTel 35xx, Action, Xware, etc. Main duties included project management, documentation & coding (product spec, architecture design, module programming, etc.), internal training for new colleagues, new solution study and evaluation, production follow-up (including development, internal testing, QA testing, pilot run, mass product, and upgrading). Participated in 3 MP3 Player projects as system designer, project manager, and developer. I also participated in 8 MP3/PMP projects as system designer and project manager.
- Participated in STUN API Module project in the VOIP Team. The primary goal of this project was to implement a cross-platform STUN Library. Works included architecture design, documentation, and programming. Implemented with C (lib) and C++ (sample application).
- Created, proposed, and wrote 3 patent applications, which were accepted by SIPO China (www.sipo.gov.cn)