- Developed a trading infrastructure and backtesting engine for cryptocurrencies and traditional securities
- Built cryptocurrency bull & bear cycle timers, coin selection factors and mechanisms by which to diversity in an already extremely correlated asset class
- Achieved a 3000% return on equity in the first 12 months of trading
Dec, 2016 - Mar, 2017
- Helped build the next "Wikipedia for cars", one of 2 big projects for 2017 to increase mobile.de's ~€40 billion/year car sales.
- 1 of 2 front-end developers writing isomorphic React.js, running on the client and on Node.js .
- Implemented React.js components to help customers compare and contrast 1500 car models across 100 car manufacturers.
Sep, 2016 - Oct, 2016
- Hired on by Onyx Agency to launch Belkin's new product "Phyn", an IoT device to help users save water.
- Joined to take over React.js front-end development.
- Worked closely with product owner, back-end developer and designer to launch the product within the 6-week timeframe.
Dec, 2015 - Mar, 2016
- Built out a React.JS-based front-end to query the index spanning ~100,000 documents with 99% of queries being processed under 30ms.
- Built distributed pipeline to text-process jobs, extract salary numbers, job location & key skills and detect duplicate jobs through hierarchical clustering.
- Packaged Foursquare's twofishes geocoder with Docker and released the only free & ready-to-use geocoding package on the internet.
Mar, 2015 - Nov, 2015
- Developed the central planning tool (React.JS) used to coordinate more than 1 million € worth of heating installations across Germany every month.
- Developed mobile-first time-tracking tool in Django that Thermondo's 100+ craftsmen use to track their billable hours and from which payroll is calculated.
- Worked together with CEO, CTO, developers, and product owners to define & iterate on features.
Jul, 2013 - Jun, 2014
- Developed World Cup Widgets to earn the startup's first revenues.
- Developed v2 of the customer-facing API, devising the code architecture to handle feature deprecation, updates of iOS & Android clients and database consistency issues.
Jan, 2011 - Apr, 2012
- Worked as a freelancer with clients in the affiliate marketing space.
- Developed a customised A/B testing framework in Python (Flask) and devised new ads & copy to increase conversion rates from 4.3% to 12.6%, raising monthly profits from $8,800 to $42,600.
- Developed an ad-uploading API in order to automate the creation of ad campaigns, tracking up to 8 demographic targeting criteria raising the client's ROIs from 80% to 300%.
Jul, 2009 - Dec, 2011
- Founded the business focussing on the then wide-spread "Ring of Death" error of the Xbox 360 gaming console during final year of high school.
- Built the company website, wrote copy, managed ad campaigns and repaired more than 2,000 Xbox 360 consoles.
FH Technikum Wien
Sep, 2010 - Apr, 2011
Dropped out of university in Vienna in order to move to London to begin working in software startups (electing the school of life over academia).
Sep, 2002 - Sep, 2010
Graduated high school in Vienna with "ausgezeichneter Erfolg" (unweighted GPA equivalent of 3.6).
Jun, 2012 - Sep, 2012
- Among 50 of 1,000 applicants selected to come to NYC and take part in the 3
month program to work together on open-source software, focusing specifically on software architecture & design.
- Held short talks on Python best practises and pair-programmed with junior developers.
- Imagy: Unix file-daemon that watches the file system to apply lossless optimisation to images when they get created / modified.
- RewindHN: API + web app that builds up a historical database of the Hacker News front page, letting users explore past stories.
Dec, 2011 - Jun, 2012
- Built web app that records StarCraft 2 live streams, applying image analysis to extract meta-data & separate into chapters.
- Automated back-end that recorded video & chat from Twitch.tv and own3d.tv, processed video streams, extracted features, split videos into relevant chapters and automated uploads to YouTube.
- Introduced chatlog recording & video sync. Launched to a massive reception on reddit. Twitch.tv introduced the feature 3.5 years later.
- Isomorphic JS
- Django REST Framework
- CSS Modules