Jan, 2019 - Current
I volunteered with the User Experience Professional Association of Los Angeles and acted as Director of Content Strategy through their website redesign.
- Analyzed, reconstructed, and restructured website IA to accommodate new scope, purpose and changes to the website
- Co-developed and administered a sprint schedule to redesign site following Lean UX principles (wireframes, design, editorial calendar)
- Lead sprints in pushing for ideation of complex solutions for future user-generated content website
- Assigned work and managed 5 team members in collaborative design requirements, exercises, and sprints
Apr, 2019 - May, 2019
XAMA is a creative agency that provides UI/UX, prototyping and strategy services. I was contracted to help with web and mobile redesigns for their client STEEZY Studio, which provides a platform for dance enthusiasts.
- Designed and annotated wireframes in Sketch
- Generated and presented InVision prototypes to stakeholders
- Iterated on designs based on feedback from usability testing and stakeholder reviews
- Developed internal best practices guidelines for interviewing users
Oct, 2018 - Jan, 2019
General Assembly provides innovative training for in-demand technology fields. They are a leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions.
- Prepared project briefs
- Guided students through exercises
- Prepared and presented lectures on UX subject matters
- Tracked student attendance and progress and reported in weekly meetings
- Coached and advised student teams in thinking about approaches to solving UX problems
- Assisted lead instructor with uploading lesson materials and whiteboarding
- Recruited and coordinated portfolio mentors for Portfolio Review event
- Coordinated intro and presentation meetings between students and pro-bono clients
Jul, 2018 - Oct, 2018
Major League Gaming (MLG) is a professional esports organization and a Blizzard Activision company. I was brought on to assist with the design of key experiences and features of their esports product, as part of their goal to create the ultimate tournament companion.
- Assessed and mapped user sign-in flow and designed and annotated wireframes in Sketch
- Presented C&C analysis and wireframe revisions to stakeholders
- Facilitated user research through crafting survey questions
- Sketched user flow and lo-fi wireframes
- Designed and annotated wireframes in Sketch
Mar, 2018 - Apr, 2018
MyYogaWorks (https://www.myyogaworks.com/) is a premium online yoga subscription business based in LA. MyYogaWorks offers 1,000 classes users can access anytime, anywhere.
- Presented research findings to key stakeholders
- Facilitated user research through building discussion guides and surveys
- Recruited and interviewed key demographic users
- Made recommendations for design changes based on user testing observations
- Evaluated the MYW platform using heuristic framework
- Analyzed direct & indirect competitors
- Synthesized research data through affinity mapping, and generated reports
- Created user personas that reflect the needs and goals of MYW users
- Designed and annotated wireframes
Jan, 2016 - Current
- Dyke Day LA Website - Designed wireframes, graphics, content, and layout (https://www.dykedayla.org/)
- Wayne Lab, UCLA Website - Collaborated on wireframes, design, IA, and layout (in development)
- CZ Foreman UX Portfolio Website - Consulted on design and content (https://www.czforemanuxui.me/)
- Hair String Salon Website - Consulting and collaborating on wireframes, design, IA, and layout (in development)
Jul, 2015 - Aug, 2017
- Lead migration of content from Teamsite to AEM across six releases in 12 months.
- Liaised between AEM team and project stakeholders.
- Using JIRA, tracked status of release work, ensuring timely completion of milestones.
- Held daily scrum calls, identifying and removing roadblocks.
- Coordinated with up to four teams to resolve arising release issues.
- Oversaw resolution of over 200 defects identified through QA process.
- Created and maintained AEM authoring documentation, videos and resources.
- Maintained and updated over 300 microsites using WordPress.
- Trained and mentored five new hires, including one recruited personally, fast-tracking employees through the on-boarding process and reducing downtime 30% to 50%.
- Volunteered to advocate on behalf of employees and mediate on their concerns with upper management, leading to the formation of the Employee Engagement Committee.
Civica Software | Events.com
Oct, 2006 - May, 2015
Civica was a boutique web and mobile design agency serving the civic government arena through 2015.
- Developed and lead a content team, mentoring three employees.
- Established objectives and held performance reviews and weekly meetings.
- Managed project workflows, planned project timelines and resources distribution for over 150 projects.
- Produced department documentation, templates, and guidelines, establishing consistency in project execution and streamlining over 150 projects.
- Created style guide documentation and styling standards, increasing design team efficiency by 10%.
- Ensured teams adhered to best practices, including ADA standards, and directed QA process.
- Designed and built information architecture using custom CMS tools.
- Designed website layouts, logos, and other graphics for print and web.
- Created CSS global styles, optimized and fixed CSS and HTML issues.
- Performed webmastering duties, publishing news, events and content updates.
DeVry University - California
Mar, 2018 - Mar, 2018
Bird is a “last-mile” transportation service that utilizes app-enabled electric scooters. For this class project, the challenge was to design and integrate a tour feature for their mobile app that would allow Bird riders to take a self-guided tour of their area. As a UX Designer / Researcher, my role included:
interviewing key demographic individuals; collaborating on business model canvas, C&C analysis, task flow and user personas; ideating in a design studio setting, generating sketches and defining a solution; creating user flow, wireframes, and executing wire flow.
Feb, 2018 - Feb, 2018
Dragon Herbs is an L.A. based vendor of tonic herbs, superfoods and other natural and holistic East Asian remedies. For this class project, my objective was to increase their website usability and online customer experience. As a UX Designer on this solo project, my role included: interviewing key target demographic individuals; evaluating the site against the LEMErS heuristic framework; creating the C&C analysis, feature prioritization, user flows, and user persona; auditing the 500-page website, redesigning the information architecture and optimizing the sitemap; conducting usability tests; creating wireframes, wire flow, and the initial prototype.
- Usability testing
- Journey mapping
- Heuristic evaluation
- User interviews
- Contextual inquiry
- C&C analysis
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Qualitative data analysis
- Empathy mapping
- Brand identity prism
- Affinity mapping
- Wire flows
- Mobile UI design
- Interaction design
- User flows
- Mixed-fi prototyping
- User persona creation
- Design thinking
- JIRA / Confluence
- Google apps
- Adobe CS
- Adobe XD
- Google Analytics