Apr, 2017 - Current
Spur is an HCM & Payroll platform focused on improving the lives of hourly workers.
As Spur CTO and co-founder, I led a Product Development team of 25-30 engineers, QA analysts, and designers who were responsible for building an extensive HCM, Payroll, and Time & Attendance platform that supported over 100 customers and ran payroll in excess of $60M.
Spur successfully raised Alabama's largest Series A round at $15M in early 2019 to fund the development of the platform.
- Worked in tandem with the CEO to articulate the corporate and product vision and bring it to market
- Managed and mentored key product and development team leaders
- Involved in Series A capital raise preparation and investor pitch sessions
- Cultivated partnerships with third-party benefit providers to embed revenue-generating products within our apps
- Lead initiative to move entire organization to SOC 2 Type 1 compliance
Jun, 2016 - Apr, 2017
Appleton Talent was a highly successful education staffing company that operated throughout the Southeastern USA.
I built and launched the flagship RoleCall scheduling and dispatching product from the ground up, and later lead the technical direction of the development team. What started as a simple Time & Attendance app evolved to be best-in-class HRMS software that included ATS and Records Management functionality.
- Built and deployed a high-performing phone, SMS, and email dispatching system to alert 1000s of employees about daily jobs
- Managed three team leaders who oversaw a team of 16
- Represented the product and corporate technical direction in investor presentations and discussions
- In 2017 I played a key role in re-organizing Spur as an independent company of Appleton, who Spur took on as a customer
May, 2015 - Jun, 2016
Freelance web and application development. Launched initial project with Appleton Talent, an educator evaluation platform.
Sep, 2012 - May, 2015
Managed the technical direction of Solid Earth’s flagship product, Spring, a consumer-centric MLS platform.
Solid Earth, and the Spring platform, were acquired by FBS in Dec 2017.
Sep, 2001 - May, 2005
Apr, 2017 - Current
StatusTicker lets you build your own custom status board from the over 540 APIs, services, networks, and apps it monitors. It has over a 1000 users and monitors millions of statuses a month.
- Team Leadership
- Technical Strategy
- Product Management
- Software Design