Nov, 2017 - Apr, 2018
Member of the AliExpress international Content Strategy team. Focused on the global market (English language), responsibilities included UX writing, social media management, and internal thought leadership.
- Developed 10-page style guide for UX Writing on AliExpress platform
- Managed tiered strategy for global social channel, which resulted in increased metrics (19% for impressions, 65% for likes, 30% for link clicks, and 25% for engagement rate)
- Expanded video strategy with an emphasis on creating a more trust-oriented culture
- Virtually led a team to publish bi-weekly mailings on Content Strategy trends
Aug, 2016 - Sep, 2017
Lead for the corporate Content Strategy for Labbrand and its digital sub-brand, MADJOR. Responsibilities included global and local social media oversight, content pipeline management, content social strategy, and corporate touchpoint redesigns.
- Managed content pipeline during global expansion, which resulted in 1.75x greater volume (on average, per month) over a 1.25 year time period
- Initiated a global website revamp as content lead
- Created content for award-winning client projects, including Thomas Cook, SKODA, and Silicon Valley Bank
Sep, 2015 - Jun, 2016
General marketing specialist stationed at Labbrand's headquarters. Responsibilities included uploading content through the CMS, proofreading content from the CEO, and kick-starting the internal content program.
- Introduced content curation plan with nearly 80% employee adoption
- Collaborated with CEO on 7 thought leadership pieces cumulatively shared over 4k times
- Assited in creating and gatekeeping English content, including quarterly long-form reportst
Jun, 2014 - Jul, 2014
Part of a 28-person internship program in Beijing, China: program was divided into 6 teams, with each team given a group of companies to consult. As team 1, responsibilities included travel to Shenzhen, on-site tours, and secondary market research.
- Attended week-long introduction to business in the Chinese context
- Organized international competency review for the client (Shunde Municipal Government) comprised of primary and secondary market research about standout manufacturing firms
- Participated in managerial interviews in English and Chinese
- Pitched 63-page devlierables to succesfuly complete internship program
Aug, 2013 - May, 2015
Paid tutor for UR's Writing Center. As a specialist in ESL students and with an interest in cross-cultural rhetoric, responsibilities included meeting with cohorts of students 1:1 and suggesting actionable tips to improve writing.
- Published research paper on contrastive rhetoric in English and Mandarin
- Defined best practices for adapting Chinese academic writing to English academic writing
- Counseled 120 times per semester with consistently positive reviews
University of Richmond
Aug, 2011 - May, 2015
Double major in Chinese Studies and Business Admin, with a concentration in Marketing. Involved on campus as an Orientation Advisor, Sigma Chi Fraternity Social Chair, and member of the Club Soccer team.
Jun, 2013 - Aug, 2013
Achieved conversational fluency in Mandarin Chinese through a 10-week accelerated study abroad program. Completed Chinese Language CH 400 (401 + 402) and Chinese Cinema as Cultural Translation and Self Representation.
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Suite
- Content Management Systems
- On-page SEO
- UX Writing
- Adobe Illustrator
- Social Media Management