Feb, 2019 - Current
My role at OneStaff Medical is to work on creating a cohesive and thought out design system. Giving the nurses the best experience when looking for a traveling nurse assignment. Working on the digital but also internally on the culture and training for recruiters.
- Rebrand of the OneStaff Medical Logo
- Redesigned the "Browse Jobs" page resulting in double the amount of apps weekly
- Managed and curated social media accounts ( Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram )
- Created brand standards and design system for design and development team
Sep, 2018 - Feb, 2019
I went back to Mutual of Omaha for a short stint to work with their team on working on their Design System and creating a structure and educate the team on the need and importance.
- Facilitated 15 Google design sprints
- Facilitated 5 workshops involved around surfacing issues with the design system
- Work on the UX/UI of 4.0 of the design system
Jul, 2017 - Aug, 2018
My responsibilities as Product Designer is to create intuitive and user focused design to the newly updated platform of Swappa.com. I also play a key role in all of their marketing and brand collateral.
- Key player in the rebrand of Swappa and Swappa.com that launched Q1 of 2018
- Redesigned homepage & site navigation for introduction of gaming to the Swappa Marketplace
- Redesigned the product listing process for gaming
- Created illustrations and various marketing material
- Design visual and interaction of Staff Picks that will be introduced in Q2 of 2018
Sep, 2015 - Jul, 2017
I was responsible for creating user focused designs for internal and external use. Working closely with other designers, developers, content strategists, as well as technology and business partners. Creating responsive interactive web / mobile / tablet application concepts and bringing them to completion.
- Introduced and facilitated 15+ Google Design Sprints with Mutual of Omaha and their marketing / innovation team.
- Lead visual designer on Mutual of Omaha style guide
- Lead visual designer on the redesign of MutualofOmaha.com
- Lead visual designer on the redesign of the Mutual Of Omaha Intranet
- Bringing the Mutual of Omaha design standards to be ADA compliant
Jul, 2014 - Aug, 2015
During my time at Hayneedle I was a lead product designer. Working cross-funtionally with various parts of the business. Creating sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and final product. I was also involved with conducting user interviews, user testing, and studying analytics to try and create the best user experience possible.
- Creating a mobile shopping experience
- Redesigning the header / navigation and creating a 20% increase in sales
- Creating the Holiday season shopping experience for 2013-2015
- Upgrade to various areas of the site to increase SEO
- Creating backend UX / UI for various merchandising and discount tools
- Redesigning the cart to consolidate cart and checkout
- Creating a favorites feature to their shopping experience
Jul, 2013 - Jul, 2014
My role as senior interactive designer was to work heavily with the UX / Product design team. Creating a style guide and site elements such as fields, buttons, and icons.
I was also heavily involved with email and online marketing materials, coding responsive emails, and working on various branding and design projects.
Leading a team of one junior interactive designer and two marketing designers.
- Built a style guide for the design and tech team to follow on site
- Created branding for several Hayneedle house brands
- Created the marketing and site material for both 2013 & 2014 Holiday season
- Concepted and executed 2 pre-roll video campaigns for YouTube
- Designed and created several responsive marketing email campaigns
Apr, 2008 - Apr, 2009
I was involved on all levels of projects while working at Squad. Project management, client communication, as well as concept and creating various websites.
- Designing the desktop and mobile website for John Mayer's 2008 Summer tour
- Designed and developed the online e-commerce store for Epitaph Records
- Designed and developed the redesign of Koch Records
- Various logo and apparel designs for bands like Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, and more.
May, 2003 - Current
I have been freelancing since 2003. After my year in Seattle in 2008, I spent the next 5 years freelancing full time. Working with various companies, ad agencies, and nationally known bands.
- Designed the merchandise for Lady Gaga's Monster Ball Tour
- Created an internal social networking platform for NBC / Universal employees
- Created illustrations for the NikeTown in downtown Chicago
- Designed countless logos and apparel for artists like Bruno Mars, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, FUN, and more
- Creating the branding and UX / UI for the college tutoring app Wizzi
Grand Island Senior High
Aug, 1999 - May, 2003
Mar, 2019 - Current
- Adobe Suite
- Sublime Text