Dec, 2017 - Current
Joined the Manufacturing segment of corporate information systems, working to implement global and regional standards. Also focused on training, expanding skill sets and strategic alignments between existing groups and business units.
- Leading and participating on teams to define and standardize global machine connectivity
- Greatly expanded knowledge of OPC connectivity (Kepware), machine communication protocols and methods (PLC), time series databases (OSI historian), SCADA tools (Ignition)
- Testing, deployment, and management of a regional software solution
- Worked on regional standardization of infrastructure, data collection, network layouts, and equipment
Dec, 2016 - Dec, 2017
Expanded job scope to include strategic technology initiatives in the plant and long term planning for projects and talent pipelines.
- Winning Workplace council formed to define strategic technology items for the operation. System interfaces, data warehouses, cloud and corporate relationships for support
- Continued and dedicated work to lead and support corporate initiatives around manufacturing technology
- Began proof of concept work on manufacturing system micro-service architecture using Vue.js, RabbitMq and SignalR
Nov, 2015 - Dec, 2016
After finishing my degree I was given enhanced roles and responsibilities at the site to enhance processes leveraging technology
- GSuite transition site lead - Was a champion for our transition to Google's GSuite for mail, drive, sheets and docs. Posted company leading engagement and adoption rates at our site through workshops and open communication. Trusted tester for new AppsScript features. Enhanced partnership with Google with on site workshops
- Automated material workflow - Designed and built an interface between SAP and automated forklift system with real time updates using SignalR/.NET MVC
- Lead team of developers and analysts to extend reach of technology solutions
Jan, 2012 - Nov, 2015
Gathered requirements, built, tested, and deployed numerous systems to support manufacturing operations across multiple departments. Eliminating waste and error by automating manual tedious processes.
- Created a truck scale interface in C# to record and store scrap information in real time
- Material delivery system in Excel/VBA tied to ERP to streamline assembly cell replenishment
- MES (Manufacturing Execution System) technical lead, supporting the install and configuration of numeros industrial printers and scanners. Designed and tested interfaces to legacy ERP systems.
Jul, 2005 - Nov, 2012
I began my career on the assembly line and worked up through internal postings. I held jobs in material delivery driving fork lifts and warehouse picking. I then spent some time in material control and planning.
- Worked as shift lead in material control, learning all the complexities of the material delivery and external supply chain process
- Was a backup operator in both material delivery and assembly after learning multiple jobs very quickly
Bowling Green State University
Jan, 2010 - Dec, 2015
- System architecture
- Full stack
- OSISoft PI Historian
- Microsoft SQL
- Message queue
- Google Apps Script
- RESTful API