Dec, 2014 - Current
Collaborating with stakeholders from CBC Sports, News, and Radio in a fast-paced Agile environment on numerous large-scale applications.
- Supported CBC Sports desktop and mobile sites, including the Pan Am Games site and the roll-out of a global redesign and rebrand in 2015
- Worked on a small team with CBC News to extend and support the Elections application (an SPA in Knockout.JS) for the Saskatchewan and Manitoba provincial elections
- Lead front-end developer for a new internal tool for CBC Radio producers, built with React and Redux
Concordia University (Linguistics Department)
Mar, 2017 - Current
Creating a test-style single page application for a linguistics experiment.
- Built on React, Redux, and Firebase
- Work in progress: https://github.com/debchn/mvmt-memory
Dec, 2014 - Sep, 2015
Worked with McMaster's electronic medical record application, OSCAR, to transform its medical forms to suit a methadone clinic in Vietnam.
- Implemented English to Vietnamese translations with jQuery
- Created new, unique forms for the clinic using jQuery and Bootstrap
Jul, 2007 - Aug, 2011
Recurring summer job building the prototype for https://www.know2act.org/ and assisting with front-end work for the main OSCAR application
- Helped to build an MVP for "Know2Act," a forum for clinicians to share information on drugs and other treatments
- Built with Ruby on Rails on a legacy PostgreSQL database
- Connected to OSCAR through XML-RPC
9-week front-end development bootcamp
University of Toronto
Sep, 2008 - Aug, 2014
With minors in English and Music History & Culture