Responsible for designing and implementing workflows that streamline development and management processes, in addition to providing domain expertise to developers and full-time staff.
- Developing web applications for clients utilizing React, TypeScript, Webpack, Babel, Node.js, Express, Emotion, Jest, and Storybook
- Mentoring student developers to promote an understanding of web development best practices
- Evaluating and proposing the use of modern technologies like Elasticsearch, React, and Helm to solve implementation challenges on a case-by-case basis
- Designed and implemented a continuous deployment workflow utilizing Circle CI, Kubernetes, and Helm charts to accelerate project release cycles
- Designed a continuous integration workflow involving unit tests, automated versioning, and a structured code review process to minimize developer manual effort
- Developed a set of code review standards for Github Pull Requests to reduce technical debt
Developed a company dedicated to helping project managers improve their processes through software-as-a-service offerings.
- Participated in the OSU-sponsored accelerator program, InnovationX Launch Academy
- Placed as a semi-finalist on the Corvallis RAIN Accelerator-led Next Great Startup pitch competition
- Placed as a finalist for the 2018 Pitch Oregon event, hosted by TiE Oregon
Responsible for assisting with project management, working with clients to establish where software could bring them value, and performing quality assurance functions.
- Maintained both React and Typescript applications and component codebases for external clients
- Developed a continuous release pipeline for automated versioning and publishing of a React component library
- Collaborated with clients and developers to maintain work items
- Wrote and performed manual test cases to ensure functionality of requirements after they have been implemented.
- Wrote and filed bug reports for failing test cases and unexpected behavior for developers to review and address.
- Cooperated with Oregon Department of Transportation analysts to maintain high standards of quality.
- Awarded the Community Builder award for bridging the gap between developers and business-focused employees
Oregon State University, Bachelor of Science (BS) Management
Building an online platform to help graduate students and other academics collect feedback on their papers in a supportive, low-stakes environment.
Technologies used: React, Next.js, Emotion, Node.js lambdas, Hasura, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Terraform, Docker, Docker Compose
Built an ephemeral tool that makes it easy to get fast and inclusive team estimates for work items.
Technologies used: React, Emotion, Rebass, React Spring, Elixir, Phoenix, Web Sockets, Docker, and Kubernetes
Placed 111th in Humor and 117th in Theme in the Ludum Dare 42 Jam event. Designed and implemented the game using Godot Engine within 72 hours, working with a remote team member in a different time zone.
OSU First-Year Project: TURN, Manager
Led and managed a group of six other students in a school project that required both planning and running a small business. Brought in over $1000 in profit within 3 months by selling 3D-printed fidget spinners.
Collaborated with peers to develop a video game submission to the Oregon Game Project Challenge, a multi-school competition that lasts several months. Received both the Art and Assets Award, in addition to the People's Choice (popular vote) Award.
- Continuous Integration
- Project Management
- Manual Software Testing
- Agile Development
- Travis CI
- Circle CI
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Deployment
- Software requirements
- Public speaking
- Process improvement
- Serverless architecture
- Godot Engine
- CSS in JS
- GitHub Actions