Jul, 2015 - Current
At Webflow, I take the lead on all things content, from in-product microcopy to marketing copy to our blog. I developed Webflow's voice, tone, and style guides (and built the website that houses them: http://editorial-style.webflow.io/); provide oversight on help center content; and developed guidelines for in-product content.
- Built our blog from near-nothing to over a half million subscribers
- Created and maintain the voice and tone, messaging, and content patterns portions of our brand style guide: https://brand-at.webflow.io/voice-and-tone
- Launched three web-books with 10,000+ pageviews each—and ~5% conversion rate
- Concepted and wrote https://webflow.com/ix2, which was featured in Boing Boing: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/25/the-history-of-the-web-in-20-s.html
- Oversee all our social channels (with 53k followers on Facebook and over 19k on Twitter)
Oct, 2014 - Jun, 2015
I defined InVision's voice and tone, shaped the style guide, and brought a lively, human voice to every blog post, email, and landing page the company produced. I also played a key role in transforming the InVision blog into a design industry destination with over 1 million readers, providing guidance on a redesign, managing the editorial calendar, and editing each post for alignment with the brand.
- Increased CTR on large-list emails by an average of 6% over six months
- Improved blog traffic by 243% over 6 months
- Lowered post bounce rate on articles by an average of 20% over 6 months
- Increased product sign-ups by over 25% in one quarter
May, 2013 - Oct, 2014
After a year overseeing in-product copy, emails, and marketing materials as a content strategist on LinkedIn's Team Money (monetized product group), I transitioned to the Brand & Marketing team, where I served as the lead copywriter for all B2B product marketing materials.
- Wrote the script for the video "Fill in the _____", a key element for the launch of LinkedIn's educational products. You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f16YqkyHqrY
- Revised the LinkedIn Premium upgrade flow, leading to a 68% drop in refund requests and a 3 to 5% increase in lifetime value
- Determined content strategy, tone, and wrote all copy for LinkedIn Sales Navigator, the desktop and mobile app for salespeople
- Wrote the tagline, in-product copy, and marketing materials for LinkedIn Job Seeker, the mobile jobs app
Apr, 2011 - Apr, 2013
Hired on as an SEO content copywriter, I eventually took over most in-product content projects, acted as lead ad copywriter for various sponsorships and partnerships, and coordinated a site content audit that led to significant performance improvements.
- Led most in-product content efforts (including registration and payment flows, the mobile app, and member area)
- Served as lead copywriter for Esurance Mobile, the Coverage Counselor, and a mobile insurance payment flow
- Covered sponsorships of the Golden State Warriors, South by Southwest, and various music festivals
University of California at Berkeley
- Content strategy
- Content modeling
- User experience
- Associated Press Style
- Chicago Manual of Style