Oct, 2019 - Current
Leading product design work at Fable mobile app (in stealth) for social reading.
- Employee #2
- Coming soon in 2020
2017 - 2019
Co-founder and head of design for venture-backed startup creating "design intelligence" for interior design - using computer vision and machine learning.
- Created and developed a design system across all website and mobile web experiences
- Recruited, trained and managed freelance designers and in-house designers on topics like: sprints, agile methodologies, user research fundamentals, interaction standards
- Set weekly design priorities and longer-term strategies with team
- Led cross-functional team of designers, engineers and data scientists in product sprints
- Collaborated closely with famed designer Bjarke Ingels, our advisor and investor on content and strategy
2014 - 2016
- Lead design of a consumer iOS app to map public art and design IRL. App used geo-location and crowdsourcing
- Winner of Harvard Dean's Challenge a campus wide competition for disruptive ideas
- Worked closely with engineering, users and research efforts
- Entrepreneur-in-residence, Harvard Innovation Lab 2012-2014
Oct, 2012 - Oct, 2016
From the founder: "As a primary addition to our early stage startup, Jude was an integral part of our companies success for over 4 years of service. She took charge of our entire digital brand presence, from the aesthetics of logo and typeface to the actual UX experience of our app and .com platform. Rolling with the punches during an early-stage start-up is no easy feat, and Jude handled the uncertainty with positivity and agility. Her time management skills and work ethic are world-class. We've stayed in contact with each other since 2011; I'm fortunate to say we continue to find ways to work together to this day."
- myLINGO is a mobile app that lets non-English speakers enjoy Hollywood films at the movie theater in their own language, in real time, through their smartphone and headphones. The myLINGO app delivers alternate language audio in perfect sync with the action on screen, bringing the cinema experience to millions of non-native English speakers
- myLingo was distributed through the #1 and #3 U.S. Exhibitor Chain partners Regal Cinemas and Cinemark Theaters, a total of 10,000+ employees trained, across 900 theaters and 30+ states.
- Lead design efforts for version 1.0 of iOS app versions onward, with hundreds of thousands of downloads
- Creation of "theater mode" years before Apple trademarked "night mode."
- Accessibility design for non-English language speakers
- App was used in partnership with key Hollywood studios: Disney, Paramount, Sony; in addition to theatre chains for distribution
2012 - 2016
UI/UX design for clients (various) for mobile apps, websites and technologies in stealth.
2010 - 2010
Design architect for internationally-renown studio led by Michael Meredith and Hilary Sample.
- Schematic design and layout for a residential project in NYC - a loft for a curator
- Model building, prototyping, and installation for the Creators Project, sponsored by Intel and held at Milk Studios in Chelsea, NYC
- Design work on the Venice Biennale, American Pavilion
- Design development for community- oriented housing project in Lowell, MA
2010 - 2010
- Designer for internationally-renown studio led by Mariana Ibanez and Simon Kim
- Concept, schematic and layout design for various design competition proposals ranging from an international trade show pavilion, mobile sound booth for recording narratives for radio, and an art museum in Buenos Aires
Harvard Graduate School of Design
Rhode Island School of Design
Brown University, Sheridan Center for Teaching
2009 - 2009
Rigorous academic courses for teaching fellows and evidence-based course design institutes for faculty and GTAs, to enhance student learning in key liberal arts skill areas, such as writing, problem-solving, and research. For more info please see: https://www.brown.edu/sheridan/sheridan-center
- UX / UI Design
- User Experience Research
- Mobile Design
- Design Sprints
- Design Team Recruitment and Management
- Client Presentations and Pitches
- Visual Design
- Product Design
- Teaching (see certification above)
- Design Systems