Jan, 2017 - Current
Eduvault is an independent community where schools can compare and review technology solutions. The aim of the site is to help schools make better procurement decisions by having free access to the unbiased product information. I identified a need for this type of platform, created the concept, found developers to build the site, raised capital, signed up vendors and marketed to end users.
Jun, 2016 - Current
Mobile Guardian is an MDM solution which helps schools, and parents manage and monitor mobile devices. Originally an App for parents, I worked with Mobile Guardian as a consultant to help them target the education market. 6 months later I joined the company in a formal capacity and am responsible for selling in to UK LEA's, MSP's and US Districts.
- Top performing sales person by sales, value and ROI
- Designed and implemented sales strategy for Local Government
- Trained sales staff
- Self-Generated Opportunities
- Worked with Distributers and Partners both in the US and the UK
Nov, 2015 - Dec, 2016
Extrados is a company which I set up in order to provide sales services from anywhere as I traveled across the world. The primary goal of the company was to provide 'feet on the ground' sales to companies who wanted target new markets where they didn't already have a presence.
- Worked with companies in four different countries
- Trained sales staff
- developed channel models
- provided direct sales
Jul, 2011 - Nov, 2015
Smoothwall are a UK based web filtering vendor who specialise on solutions for the Public Sector. I started at the company as a cold caller targeted with helping them breaking into the Local Authority Market and left as Government Sales Manager running a team of six people including entry level staff and senior sales professionals.
- Consistantly top 3 sales person
- Grew company to become Local Government market leaders
- 90%+ customer retention rate
- Managed multi-million pound tenders
- Worked with some of the UK's largest public sector ISP's
- Created companies most profitable sales team
- Hired and trained sales staff
Nov, 2010 - Jul, 2011
Webroot is a cloud based security provider, who at the time focussed on web and email filtering for businesses. I was selected by Webroot following a Pareto Law assessment day. I worked in a lead generation role arranging meetings and webinars for senior sales staff.
- Generated over $1.2 million in closed won opportunities for account managers
- Promoted to manage large-scale opportunities
- Developed marketing campaigns
University of Leeds
2007 - 2010
- Direct and Channel Sales
- Sales Strategy
- Sales Training
- Web Filtering
- UK Public Sector Market
- US Education Market
- Education Technology