Jan, 2017 - Oct, 2019
Spearheaded the company relocation from California to Wyoming, overseeing all technology and facility aspects of a new 9.5 acre, 85,000 sq. ft. headquarters, managing the continued expansion, reconfiguration, maintenance, and warranty issues.
- Oversaw the expansion to four concurrent work sites in two states, providing uninterrupted network access, and core services to employees, ultimately consolidating into our newly built headquarters on schedule.
- Led the upgrade of Sage ERP core business software from an unsupported 15 year old 4.2 version to the latest 100c version, dramatically improving overall workflow, reducing technical support needs, and improving data accessibility.
- Supervised continued growth, new projects, and vendor relationships from inception to completion, including negotiation of contracts and budget requirements.
- Designed and Managed Corporate Infrastructure: Physical Security, Access control, VMWare High Availability Server Array, Nortel & 3CX PBX, Network Fileserver, SonicWall Firewall, Ubiquiti Wireless Access Points, VPN, Subnets, Routing, Windows Server, Active Directory, and over 80 workstations - Mac OS X, Windows 7, Windows 10.
2016 - 2017
Defined and implemented software development best practices, introducing an Agile workflow to the development team, building a QA test and automation team, designing the next generation server platform, managing PCI DSS and SOC 2 type II compliance, and aligning interdepartmental goals to achieve corporate vision.
- Managed hosted server infrastructure, incorporating system health monitoring, automated alerts, centralized log server, and performance enhancements.
- Deployed industry leading software development tools such as Jira Software, BitBucket Cloud, New Relic, Slack, and Logentries.
- Established QA best practices and the creation of automated Selenium QA testing.
- Defined customer support feedback, escalation flows, and issue tracking, leading to improved resolution rates and customer satisfaction.
2014 - 2016
Managed the Software Engineering and DevOps teams consisting of iOS Software Development, Test Automation, System Administration, Database Administration, Release Coordination & Deployment, Tools Development, and CorpIT Administration disciplines. Responsible for all SenseLabs cloud-based services, site uptime, DevOps, production & development environments, monitoring & security, code repository & deployment, corporate infrastructure, networking, and workstations.
- Automated Build Framework and Test Servers for iOS Apps: Designed and built an array of continuous integration servers and test framework allowing for automated application testing using both iOS simulator and tethered iOS devices.
- API Testing: Lead the definition and creation of automated and feature specific test suites for backend code deployments across staging, test, and production environments.
- Cloud provider consolidation and system architecture optimization: Increased overall availability & durability, improved application performance, standardized system infrastructure, while reducing operational expenses. Added database caching layer with Redis, SQL query optimizations, and added fallback logic for improved application reliability.
- Business intelligence: Created database visualization and reporting charts and dashboards.
2008 - 2014
Managed a team consisting of System Administrators, Database Administrators, Release Coordinator, Tools Developers, CorpIT Administrators & Interns. Responsible for all Experts Exchange datacenters, DevOps, development & test environments, monitoring & security, Payment Card Industry (PCI) certification and compliance efforts, code repository & deployment, corporate infrastructure, networks, VOIP call center & workstations.
- Maintained 99.999% site uptime for all Experts Exchange (an Alexa-ranked top 1,000 global website) and Redsource Interactive web properties (OracleSolved.com, ExpertOffice.com, dRACKula.net, FoxProAnswers.com and over 50 others).
- Concepted, developed & launched dRACKula.net SaaS application. Acting Product Manager overseeing design, competitive analysis, pricing models and marketing campaigns.
- Designed and built out primary and disaster recovery datacenters in Ashburn, Virginia & San Luis Obispo, California. Directly managed all hardware system designs and allocation, project timeline, logistics, work scope and estimations, hardware specifications and purchasing. Managed business partnerships with Oracle, NetApp, Level3, Digital West, Equinix, Global Crossing, nLayer, Dell, CacheFly CDN, VMWare.
- Defined a common server hardware platform & led the hardware upgrades of existing servers. Managed over 200 physical servers across three geographically diverse data centers.
2005 - 2008
Managed the Testing Automation team responsible for the carrier certification of both hardware and software stability for Palm OS & Windows Mobile smartphones.
- Responsible for conducting mobile device functional and performance testing on carrier networks, network selection/re-selection, audio quality, RF performance, call processing, OTA, data services, feature and application functionality, and accessory testing.
- Defined quality performance standards and requirements. Lead the adoption of requirements across all projects and project milestones.
- Supported IOT Labs and Cetecom Certification and testing for host and radio compliance.
- Programmed and scripted Agilent and Anite test equipment used to test complex network scenarios.
- Built strong working relationship with the development team for troubleshooting and identifying steps to reproduce on difficult interoperability aspects of Third party application compatibility and Core application components.
2004 - 2005
QA Engineer for GoodLink Client supporting Palm OS and Windows Mobile-based Smartphones.
- Maintained a high level of contribution and leadership while executing on multiple simultaneous project assignments, continually exceeding expectations for all assignments.
- Responsible for training new employees and contractors on tools, process and devices.
- Successfully completed multiple release cycles, encompassing test planning, test case execution, regression, metrics, performance and compatibility.
Leadership & Technology Training
- Managing People, Your People Professionals
- Managing People, Symphony, Inc.
- Leadership Training, WorkTraits
- Project Management Training, Primavera Enterprise
- Automation Engineering, Logigear
- Lean Six Sigma, PolyOne
University of the Pacific
Computer Science Minor