Dec, 2018 - Current
- Built a reusable theming module, refactored and rewrote basically every view in the app to use it, and shipped Dynamic Type and Dark Mode support with semantic color and font mappings.
- Overhauled accessibility support to meet WCAG 2.1 level AA standards. Fixed numerous bugs, filed radars, all that jazz.
- Shipped features, mentored engineers, improved developer tooling and language standards, learned & evangelized RxSwift, helped define process.
Oct, 2015 - Nov, 2018
Picked up and fell in love with Swift. Architected and rewrote the app to be extensible and easy to build in. Managed the iOS team.
- Resilient creation flow with background uploading powered by Realm.
- Major reusable UI components including a grid display and feed system.
- Reusable data source used throughout the app.
Feb, 2015 - Sep, 2015
Rewrote and made for quick iterating from private beta to a featuring in the App Store at launch. I think I built this to be a top-tier messaging app in a very short period of time.
- Extremely custom UICollectionViews for messaging and list displays.
- Core Data powered networking layer powering everything.
Jan, 2013 - Jan, 2015
I was the first iOS hire from private beta to launching and an Editor's Choice and over a million downloads of Heyday, a journaling app. This app was predominately an offline experience but featured full backup and syncing to the cloud of the entries and users' entire camera rolls.
Dec, 2011 - Jan, 2013
Primary worked on Linea, a photo-sharing app focused on mosaics and printing books.
Dec, 2010 - Dec, 2011
Software for iPads in hotel rooms: climate control, room service. Lots of custom binary-protocol networking talking to ancient systems.
Feb, 2010 - Dec, 2010
Worked on a high-availability RAID stack in Linux, and on a legacy bare metal version, both written in C. I previously interned here as well.