LIQID Investments, Berlin, Germany
Head of Brand & Communications|Mar, 2017 – Current
Responsible for managing all communications, content and advertising related activities and ensuring messaging consistency across all company channels on- and offline. Working hand in hand with marketing and product teams to create great user experiences and stories that drive new users to our website. Won the 2018 German Brand Award in the category financial services.
- Reported to CEO and managed a small team of copywriters, social media managers and marketing designers.
- Successfully relaunched the company brand and website in under two months.
- Effectively changed user demographics from 30% without wealth management experience to 45% by challenging existing assumptions regarding target user.
- Improved UX writing and user flow for web-app leading to a 90% completion rate.
- Worked with CMO to reconfigure the content strategy and storytelling funnel
- Headed up editorial planning for our online magazine with over 400k unique visitors. Managed external/internal writers and editorial calendar.
- Scoped and implemented "inline CTAs" for our online magazine leading increasing conversion rates by over 150%
- Created and executed a national print advertising campaign running in top German media outlets nationwide.
- Scoped and built numerous landing pages for marketing activities
- Worked with product, marketing and executive teams to build and launch a socially responsible investing product strategy.
- Produced and managed "video investor updates" for our CRM team.
- German "Innovator of the Year 2018": Awarded by German business magazine "brandeins."
- Winner German Brand Award 2018 in the category financial services
crobo, Berlin, Germany // San Francisco, USA
Head of Brand & Communications|Sep, 2015 – Jan, 2017
Joined crobo, initially, as their first marketing communications manager ever and built up the whole communications department from scratch. Jump-started my activities by managing a brand and website relaunch within a turnover period of under three months, re-positioning crobo as an international and universal app marketer compared to its former "games-only" focus., Promoted to Head of Brand & Communications during my tenure.
- Reported directly to CEO
- Managed a small team of UX designers, copywriters and marketing designers.
- Managed additional freelancers, and external vendors.
- Scoped and managed a website and brand relaunch to complement a strategic business repositioning with a new set of target audiences.
- Implemented a "freemium" service for creating publisher creatives that increased lead generation by 240%
- Handled all UX writing for our client dashboards
- Developed brand & handled UX writing for mobile ad-blocking browser "NOMAD - No More Ads."
- Developed brand and & handled UX writing for push notification and browser extension tool "IOSIS.io"
Sidestage, Berlin, Germany
Brand Strategy Consultant|Apr, 2015 – Aug, 2015
Kickstarted Sidestage marketing activities and developed the brand. Drafted and implemented companies first content and communications strategies. Helped boost awareness in the local Berlin startup scene by running numerous successful events.
- Built the entire brand from scratch together with creative agency.
- Produced and launched YouTube channel with artist video series to promote musicians on website.
- Nominated for the first TechStars accelerator program in Berlin, Germany.
- Managed numerous events including the highly successful "Berlin music box" – a Sidestage showcase during Tech Open Air, Berlin.
- Reported directly to founder.
Heads with Tales, Melbourne, Australia
Artist Management & Booking Assistant|Jun, 2014 – Apr, 2015
Helped the booking agency expand the reach and grow business during the early startup phase. Established a network of local event promoters across Australia, Identified relevant artists and reached out to individual booking agencies. Acquired unique and often first-time tours for artists and bands and coordinated the events on the ground in collaboration with all stakeholders. Created content and marketing material for tour promotion.
- Successfully planned and executed numerous tours of international artists with a minimum of three shows per tour.
- Managed website and promotional content for all tours.
- Onboarded several new promoters to the booking agency to extend placement opportunities for our artists.
Cookies Club, Berlin, Germany
Artist Booker & Communications Manager|Jun, 2013 – May, 2014
Responsible for the entire musical curation of the club from booking international bands to DJ club nights. Handled artist care and guest care for VIPs. Managed all communications and marketing activities across the Cookies Club family including the club itself and two gourmet restaurants. Supported the Cookies events team that regularly works with big brands like Berlin Fashion Week, Berlinale film festival or Google.
- Relaunched the musical programming concept of the club nights.
- Started hosting regular live concerts at the venue.
- Executed over a hundred successful club nights, events and concerts.
- Started several new cooperations such as "The Store Floor" – a club night sponsored by local fashion brands.
- Managed multiple artist collaborations for in-club exhibitions.
Various occupations for startups & digital agencies in Berlin, Germany
Content Manager / Brand Manager / Freelance / Internships|2009 – 2013
After relocating to Berlin, Germany after finishing college, I immersed myself in the local startup and music scene holding various positions in companies and digital agencies as a freelancer or intern.
- Helped develop advertising campaigns at the creative agency "eobiont."
- Worked as a content manager for the affiliate marketing startup "Maryme." in the German and English language teams.
- Worked as freelance content editor for tech clients in the field of telematics, finance and mobile performance.
- Helped build up an independent record label with 10+ artists.
- Internship for the digital branding agency "Glow."