Backend Software Engineer – Node.js
- Remote (Europe)
Curious about the future of event marketing?
SpotMe is the event management platform for B2B marketers. With over 2 million users and 400+ customers, G2 and Forrester say we are one of the key contenders in the space. Brands like SAP, Pfizer, and KPMG use SpotMe to drive demand, build connections and grow revenue. Our software powers virtual events, webinars, and hybrid meetings with apps, video, attendee engagement, and analytics.
Behind the magic stands a curious, diligent, and humble team with over 30 nationalities. A team that feels a deep pride in the work they do, a team that cares for each other, and a team that always chooses to play the next game.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you’ll be building APIs and services that power the SpotMe SaaS platform which serves thousands of concurrent users accessing the platform at the same time during virtual, hybrid and in person events.
- Define and develop new services in node.js following the CLEAN principles.
- Work in cross-team projects on new & improving existing features.
- Participate in brainstorming, specification, and design sessions.
- Maintain documentation, samples & best practices up to the highest standards.
- Build and enhance our internal and external API endpoints
- Help improve our code quality by writing unit tests and performing code reviews
- Define new product architectures and design patterns as needed.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar position for a SaaS company.
- Extensive experience with Node.js
- Field experience with Express.js or any other Node.js HTTP framework
- Strong database experience, SQL & No-SQL.
- Demonstrated success in designing and building complex web applications.
- Proven experience in building highly scalable web applications
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding and practical experience in configuring NGINX is an asset.
- Strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Proactive, independent, completes tasks down to resolution.
- Excellent English is a must – both written and verbal
We are in hypergrowth mode and with demand exploding, we are rapidly scaling and expanding our teams. If working with us in shaping the future is the opportunity you are looking for, we want to talk to you. Our Work From Anywhere approach enables maximum flexibility for all our talents.
Ace Your Application.