The main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the overall technology function, architectural decisions, and technical standards. This is a hands-on role, and you will be responsible for shaping project architecture and large technical decisions.
- Lead the design, development, testing, and deployment of a highly scalable software application.
- Review code and technical decisions to ensure best practices are being followed, particular when it comes to security. Write high quality, testable code.
- Build and provide technical leadership for the team (comprising of in-house and outsourced developers).
- Provide guidance and assistance in the selection of tools, technologies, and implementation details.
- Working closely with the lead product manager and CEO to drive the product vision and manage stakeholder expectations.
Skills and abilities
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Precise attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team
- A positive attitude and be able to balance compassion and the ability to make tough decisions with integrity
- Ability to make autonomous decisions within the remit of the role
- Ability to manage, prioritise and organise own workload and use initiative
- Ability to work with clinical, business, and executive stakeholders
- Experience as a full stack developer with significant experience in architecture and design patterns
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, microservices, application development and deployment to the cloud
- Experience in introducing various practices to ensure code quality is maintained and technical knowledge is shared within the team
- Significant experience with deploying to cloud providers - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in the context of microservice
- Ability to work across the whole development lifecycle (discovery, delivery, testing, releasing, supporting, and maintaining)
- Experience building, leading and mentoring a team of software engineers
- Experience in the healthcare sector or any regulated industry
- Experience with serverless architecture
- Experience with an EHR, EMR or Clinical Data Repository
- Experience with GraphQL
- Strong understanding of data modelling and experience working with databases like MySQL, Postgres
- Knowledge in automated testing from unit to functional and integration tests
Ace Your Application.