Principal Architect – Software Engineering
Category: Technology, RemoteReferenceNumber: 227607JobType: 1st Shift
Description – External
As Principal Architect Software Engineering, you will be instrumental in bringing innovative ideas to fruition. Your role will be central to the successful integration of disruptive technologies within the organization. The Principal Architect will provide architectural mentorship and oversight at a Company Platform level, including its supporting Technical Platform. The Principal Architect will work cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical teams, including: business development, product management, software engineering, cyber-security and departmental executives to drive tangible results. The Principal Architect is capable of presenting designs and ideas to an Architecture Review Board and to Technology and business senior management.
The Principal Architect Software Engineering will be responsible for:
- Participating in code and design reviews with teams of software, network and cloud engineers to ensure that solutions meet current enterprise standards; ensuring the cybersecurity of proposed solutions. Applying specialized knowledge of industry standards or practices to assigned initiatives.
- Designing and handling solutions that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused across the portfolio, ensuring that architecture is consistent with enterprise architecture standards, guidelines and principles.
- Frequently collaborating with other functional teams’ leadership and engineers to align and use solutions. Contributing to technology direction, develop architecture and influence implementation to gain measurable business improvements.
- Providing post-implementation support to project stakeholders, such as training and troubleshooting. Applying analysis based on research and introspection to recommend solutions.
- Performing long-term trend analysis regarding the implementation of new technological solutions; analyzing data gathered and produce reports.
- Reviewing performance and control reports; determining the appropriate course of action to improve performance when necessary. Extending business product innovation through the introduction, adoption and implementation of technology.
- 8+ years of Java development or solutions architecture experience
- Expertise with modern, Agile-based application development methodologies and emerging technologies like microservices, API management, web-scale architectures, container-based delivery, cloud automation, TDD, BDD, continuous integration (CI), and CD.
- Hands-on experience with end-to-end software development of complex multi-tiered systems
- Experience with multiple IT disciplines with a confirmed understanding of relevant architectural concepts
- Experience using system and process analysis
- Strong communication skills; ability to facilitate technical conversations with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with data and DBMS, including legacy and emerging database technologies.
- Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL is a must for Principal and up.
- Experience building highly available customer-facing applications, in a GDHA setting
- Experience building cloud-native applications
- Experience with API s
- Experience designing highly available and resilient solutions, Automation, identify opportunity of performance improvements, Able to transform traditional monolith architecture stack to modern microservices based loosely decoupled architecture.
- 10+ years of web-development or solutions architecture experience
- Experience in 2 or 3 of the following technology areas. Infrastructure, Security, DevOps, Application Development, Database technologies, Cloud computing(AWS, Azure, GCP)
- A bachelor s degree or foreign equivalent in computer science or a related field
- Experience in the financial services industry; understanding of the role of consumer and custodial banks; experience handling sensitive financial data
- Strong business analysis, solutions crafting, interaction management and presentation skills.
- UI/UX experience, including relevant web/application branding techniques
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Why Work for Us At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment OpportunityCitizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague s or a dependent s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Ace Your Application.