Ethyca (https://ethyca.com) is a high-growth Series A startup building the trust infrastructure of the internet. Ethyca’s platform powers data privacy for businesses facing regulations like GDPR and CCPA all over the world. We do this by building world-class tools, developer-friendly APIs, and secure, deployed applications to make it easy for our customers to integrate all their systems together to provide their users with powerful rights over their personal data.
As a developer-first company, engineering is an integral part of everything at Ethyca. On our rapidly growing Engineering team, you’ll be making decisions that have a significant impact on the product and company. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from both our team and our customers, who happen to be some of the best privacy engineers in the world. You’ll work with a wide variety of technologies and design APIs and features that are rapidly deployed to solve complex data privacy problems at scale.
Our open-source teams are building a new suite of tools to bring privacy best practices directly into the software engineering development process. As a software engineer you’ll work across the stack depending on your strengths: integrating with databases, designing APIs, writing documentation, or engaging with our growing community on issues and PRs.Responsibilities
- Build, test, and release high-quality open source software to the world
- Ensure high-quality standards for code, testing, documentation, etc.
- Anticipate problems and proactively suggest architecture to stay ahead
- Work autonomously on large software projects that deliver on shared goals
- Collaborate with your team and the community to write technical specs, plan projects, and document your work
- Provide community support and help troubleshoot complex issues quickly and thoroughly
- 4+ years experience writing production-grade web applications or services
- Expertise with Python 3, web frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, FastAPI), and RESTful APIs
- Proficient with one or more data stores such as MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Snowflake, etc.
- Fluent with automated testing frameworks (unit, integration, E2E) and CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab, GitHub)
- Love writing tests for everything you do
- Some examples of contributing to or maintaining open source projects is a plus
- Previous experience working independently in a high velocity environment where rapid iteration is vital (like a startup!)
- Excellent written communication skills and a love for documentation and collaboration
- Experienced working in an asynchronous environment like an open source project or distributed team
- Comfortable with agile processes and best practices (but not doctrine!)
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage
- Remote-friendly core office hours (10 - 2 ET) and vacation policy
- Sponsored company lunches and events
- Parental leave and 401K plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristics.
Ethyca is a distributed team with headquarters in NYC and remote workers across the US. When it’s safe to meet again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to NYC a few times a year for company events. We are currently unable to sponsor visas, so we do require that you are authorized to work in the USA.
We’re a data privacy company building a missing piece of the Internet’s infrastructure: the trust layer that empowers users and businesses to manage data respectfully. Every day, we’re solving challenges for customers and thinking about the future of human rights as society increasingly moves online. If this sounds intriguing and you’re excited to shape that future with us, we’d love to talk to you!
Ace Your Application.