Title: Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Debit+)
Location: Remote US
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The Debit+ Money/Data Engineering team is looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to help build the tools and systems that we use to manage money movement, bank data integration & merchant data. Debit+ is Affirm’s newest financial product that marries the functionality of a debit card with access to Affirm’s buy now pay later financing options. Our ability to move money effectively is critical to our ability to reach new customers and improve financial lives. We work closely with experience, data science, product, and a wide range of engineering teams to both leverage existing systems and build new systems.
This role requires a high level of technical capability, strong cross functional communication, and a creative mindset. Our work needs to be correct, scalable, and extensible. Our job is to have an industry leading money movement system to empower our product.
Affirm is experiencing explosive growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your contributions will be a key enabler of that growth. Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You’ll Do
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data.
- Work cross functionally with colleagues in Experience, Accounting, Product, and Analytics teams to set and execute our money movement strategy for the Debit card
- Build APIs and data models to work within micro-service and event-driven architectures
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers, and the processes that support team growth and efficiency
What We Look For
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- A strong understanding of distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be proficient in asynchronous mode of communication written tech specs, wiki, project plans, etc.
- Excellent project management skills high degree of organization and ability to surface critical information effectively.
- Work with our Product team to extend our core money movement systems;
- Passion for working with multi-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Python/Kotlin development experience is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus
Optional skills / experience
- Exposure to ACH system
- Exposure to Plaid / Teller in past
- Prior experience with card networks
Location – Remote U.S.
Grade – USA 30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
If you got this far, we hope you’re feeling excited about this role. Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people who believe in Affirm’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Ace Your Application.