Title: Senior Software Engineer, Kubernetes Platform
Location: Remote – USA
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We’re growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Our team helps to improve automation, infrastructure reliability, and empowers Braze’s other engineering teams to leverage the infrastructure products and platforms we create easily. Braze operates at a massive scale with over 3.3 billion monthly active users across our customers, collecting hundreds of billions of data points each month, and sending billions of messages to end-users daily. We use a diverse technology stack rooted in Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Kubernetes, and more. As a Site Reliability Engineer at Braze, you will collaborate with your team and consumer engineering teams to continuously improve the infrastructure, automation, and tooling that build internal products from these technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner with Braze’s engineering teams:
- Architect products to effectively utilize infrastructure platforms in a scalable, reliable manner
- Debug reliability and scalability issues across all stack layers, including the products built using our infrastructure platforms
- Make monitoring and alerting alerts on symptoms and not on outages
- Ensure that Braze meets our strict enterprise-grade SLAs with customers
- Develop Braze’s internal platform infrastructure:
- Create Infrastructure as code using Chef, Terraform, and Kubernetes
- Develop deployment pipelines for applications in multiple languages using Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Provide centralized/common tooling, services, and automation frameworks that are critical for scaling operations, capacity management, reducing operational pain, and improving the day-to-day workflow of Braze’s engineering teams
- Manage incidents:
- Be on a PagerDuty rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support for other engineers
- Use your on-call shift to prevent incidents from ever happening
- Retrospect everything that happens to turn lessons into system improvements/changes, automation, etc.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software or Site Reliability Engineer
- You think about systems – interfaces, boundaries, edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations
- You have an urge to collaborate, document, and deliver quickly
- Collaborate across the global remote teams, often working asynchronously
- Document everything so you don’t need to learn the same thing (or plan the same work) twice
- Deliver fast to delight our customers even internal ones
- You have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can’t help but fix it
- You have an excellent ability to manage multiple tasks and expectations at once
- You have strong programming skills – Ruby and/or Go preferred
- You have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar IaC technologies
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act ( CCPA ), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act ( CPRA ) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
Ace Your Application.