Software Engineer – Backend (Remote)
Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we’re a great place to work too we’ve been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
If you are a backend software engineer with experience in building and operating large-scale data pipelines, we would like to connect. Ideally, you are passionate about and have experience in large-scale distributed systems.
We’re looking for a Backend Software Engineer who is passionate about building simple, scalable services to deal with complex data, to work in our Container Intelligence Platform that impacts Enterprise customers.
You will work alongside an established engineering team located throughout the US and Europe. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities for this position. Our customer base is growing fast and so is the scale demanded of our backend. As a consequence, we’re embarking on a major re-architecting of our platform.
- You will be part of this scale-out effort that will allow us to handle the next orders of magnitude, such as writing Kafka-based streaming services
- Distribute query engine targeting of our Cassandra and ElasticSearch data store
- Optimize ingest pipeline
- Put machine learning features into production
- Handle both monitoring and security data on a daily basis across multiple platform tiers (Kubernetes, AWS, Mesos)
- Prior experience building and operating large-scale data pipelines
- Production experience with at least one of Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures and algorithms
- Java experience highly preferred
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive “can do” attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- An appetite for varied data
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
Ace Your Application.