Team Lead – Software Engineer, Ruby
Remote, United States
Engineering | Perm Full-time
Who We Are:
Jobvite offers a marketing-inspired approach to recruiting by combining the power of data and the human touch. We enable recruitment teams to personalize the candidate experience with a full-scale talent platform that accelerates and simplifies the entire talent acquisition process — from the moment the search begins to the celebration of the first promotion and beyond. We make it possible to automate communication through bot-powered texts and anticipate the employee journey with internal mobility and referral tools driven by human insight and assisted by AI. With a comprehensive, talent acquisition-focused suite Jobvite has been serving customers, including Dollar Shave Club, Dunkin Brands, Trek, LinkedIn, CDW, Universal Music Group, Wayfair, Audible & Feeding America, since 2006.
What Will You Do:
As a Lead Engineer you will be entrusted with complete design and development of web-based SaaS products that delight our customers and scale out to millions of users. Your responsibilities will include scoping and leading technical initiatives that span across the organization and are not limited to a single team. You are comfortable owning the planning, architecture, development, and delivery of a SaaS based product. You will be a role model for technical and architectural excellence. You will help promote the best engineering practices in a fast-paced agile environment. You will work closely with product owners, and other stakeholders to understand the business needs and translate them to technical decisions. You will coach and mentor engineers at all levels.
What Will You Bring:
- BS, MS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 8+ years of professional experience in building and designing SaaS based web applications.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical leader responsible for designing and building highly scalable full-stack systems in the cloud
- You have strong coding skills (Ruby, Java, Spring, React, etc.) and a good understanding of distributed system design.
- Some experience in Ruby, or similar language such as Python
- Knowledge of open-source technologies such as Apache, Solr, Lucene, Elastic Search, Memcached.
- Experience working with Product Management to build and release products in an agile environment.
- You are familiar with SDLC tools like Ant, Maven, Git, SVN, Jenkins, Travis, Puppet, Ansible, Docker.
- You have some knowledge around how AWS services and deployments work.
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and can explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audiences. You have an ability to exercise good judgment depending on the situation, and the audience.
- Experience in SaaS applications for HR related domains (Recruiting, Payroll, Benefits, etc.)
- URLs to share with us showing open-source contributions, websites you’ve worked on, questions you’ve answered on Stack Overflow, or anything else that shows off your expertise.
What Will You Get:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance benefits
- PTO – including Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- An experience you will cherish forever
Ace Your Application.