- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
Fracture’s Creative team is looking for an Art Director to lead our design team. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned Product Design professional that understands the value of leading a design team to achieve more together than they can individually. They can shift easily between levels of scale, from the strategic level down to the surface, without missing a beat. Hands-on design, mentoring fellow designers and leading a team – both wide and narrow – is seen as a rewarding challenge and not a daily grind. And the balance between hard skills and soft skills is something this person is not only aware of, but they’re constantly seeking to improve.
If this sounds like you, then you’ve likely worked at various levels of business, from entry level up to management, but find that your love of art and design makes you keep one hand on the canvas at all times. You enjoy collaborating because you know that your ideas, while big and well thought out, may not be the best in the room. And the bar…it’s not something that you set, it’s something you’re constantly raising and chasing and you motivate other designers to join you in the hunt for excellence.
Looking for a place to develop those big creative ideas and handcraft designs with a growing team that needs your design leadership? We’re Fracture and we’d like to chat with you.
Work Location: Remote -or- Alachua, FL
Salary Range: $115,000-$135,000 (negotiable w/in this range based on experience)
Reports to: Creative DirectorSupervisory Position: Yes
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Lead design direction across a wide range of brand projects including E-commerce, web/mobile applications, email, social, video, print, packaging, and brand identity.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop, lead, and produce brand elevated concepts, designs, and engaging creative that tells a story.
- Supervise, mentor, and develop the in-house design team (product designers, communication designers and content strategists) through creative reviews, 1-on-1 meetings, performance management, career mapping and other professional development methods.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to help nurture and grow the team, the brand identity and the overall creative aesthetic in a way that supports the overall business strategy.
- Oversee and evolve Fracture’s brand identity, guidelines and design values while continuously seeking to seasonally elevate Fracture’s creative across all channels.
- Review, provide candid feedback and guidance, and approve design work at the critical stages of production to ensure it matches the program goal & vision.
- Work with PMs to manage projects via ticket submission, lead backlog grooming of design projects, and deadlines to achieve promised/planned-upon outcomes.
- Embody the values of the Fracture brand through a commitment to the ethical and sustainable use of environmental resources in and out of the workplace.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on the needs of the department, business, and organization and as communicated by management.
Here’s what it will take to be successful:
We’ll want you to demonstrate your experience in several ways.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and the use of various front end frameworks in interface design. You don’t have to code but you have to know the constraints of what you’re working with and how your design decisions affect the level of effort in development.
- Creation and/or delegate and oversight of wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and customer journeys.
- Leading design of digital products and systems end to end, not just websites.
- Leading design and prototyping in Figma and expressing motion and interaction with tools like Principle, Framer or Protopie.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with a focus on Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Lightroom.
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling design systems.
- Be a hands-on design leader that consistently produces best-in-class creative both individually and via team effort/resource management.
- Have a data-driven mindset; seek to validate your design decisions using qualitative and quantitative measurements.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive landscape and design trends.
- Successfully guide and move forward multiple projects at one time.
Icing on the cake
- Experience 3D modeling in Cinema 4D (or similar)
Here’s what is required to be considered for the position:
- 7+ years working within a digital design environment (agency and/or in-house) for a tech, retail, or consumer brand.
- E-Commerce and mobile experience is required.
- Excellent soft skills: communication, presentation, and analytical.
- Must have experience working with Agile, preferably Scrum.
- Experience working in a hybrid of marketing and product environments.
- Experience working on brands with broad/diverse audiences.
- Strong online portfolio featuring your experience as a designer with a focus on UI/UX, visual, and animation design. Applications without a portfolio included will not be considered.
Who is Fracture?
Fracture’s mission is to help the world focus on moments that matter. Fracture glass prints allow you to print your images directly onto glass and have them shipped right to you in our innovative, low-waste packaging. Check it out at Fracture. We’ve sold over one million glass prints to customers in 130 countries, but this is just the beginning — we’re just scratching the surface of our potential. Our uniqueness stems from the fact that we actually design, engineer, and manufacture something tangible, 100% in-house. Real. That’s what we love about what we do. We’re blending cutting edge E-commerce with lean manufacturing to make your favorite digital images become real. We do all this while focused on treading lightly on our planet and are dedicated to creating the smallest possible carbon footprint.
Ace Your Application.