Aug 2015 - Current
Leading creative and UX for digital platforms (web and mobile apps), asset creation, and campaign integration for the Lincoln Motor Company. In 2017 we rebooted the social strategy and are in the process of developing the next generation of work.
Code and Theory
Nov 2014 - Aug 2015
Ran the Brand Group creative team with my talented writer partner. Code & Theory was the social agency of record as well as digital agency of record for the majority of our clients in the group, so the work focused on content development, campaign integration and a smattering of digital product work. Also led a handful of pitches during my time here. Clients: Maybelline, Chandon, Burger King, Essie and 7Up
Victoria's Secret Pink
Mar 2014 - Oct 2014
Leading digital creative and UX on the PINK brand across eCommerce, campaigns, app and digital products.
Jun 2012 - Jan 2014
Led creative on a healthy mix of advertising, social and product design at Huge. In addition to existing clients, also ran pitches throughout my tenure there. Clients: Samsung, Audi, Frank's Red Hot, Pizza Hut, TD Ameritrade, Nespresso, and Joe Fresh among others.
Apr 2011 - Jun 2012
Lead digital creative on Progressive Insurance and Dell — from campaign integration to social. Worked on some TV and worked to bring the online and offline aspects of these clients together.
Jan 2011 - May 2011
Provided visual design, UX and digital strategy for a range of technology clients on a freelance basis.
Factory Design Labs
Dec 2005 - Dec 2010
Designed, produced and animated websites and online campaigns for Sony Pictures, Paramount, Universal Studios, Dell and Airwalk. Worked full time as ACD on the Audi of America online account for 3 years: - Led creative on 10 large-scale campaigns, including their first Superbowl campaign in a decade and promotion for their involvement in the Iron Man movies. - Led the deployment of the new Audiusa.com site on their global CMS platform - Launched 3 iOS applications for the Audi brand which have collectively been downloaded 4.5 million times. - Directed photo and video shoots both locally and around the country, executed one episodic viral video campaign that garnered a million views and led too many online banner campaigns to count.
Mar 2003 - Dec 2005
Senior Art Director on interactive projects for clients including Chipotle, Jimmy Johns, Red Robin, Giant Bicycles and Chili's. The majority of work here was executed in Flash, and while I focused on the creative side, I also built a number of projects in Actionscript.
Jun 2000 - Aug 2001
Executed UI design for music software as well as illustration for consumer packaging.
Colorado State University BFA, Concentration Graphic Design, 1995 - 2000 Activities and Societies: Student instructor in Photoshop and Freehand / Illustrator Ross Maupin Creative Director email@example.com
Oct 2017 - Current
Leadership of the 50+ person Creative Team, directly managing a group of Art Directors. Responsible for helping to set and evolve the brand creative vision and aesthetic, providing direction and guidance for major and minor campaigns, and ensuring all work is up to standard and on-brand. Supporting the growth and development of people, and the team as a whole.
Jul 2015 - Oct 2017
Oversight and direction for a variety of campaigns (product, event, brand, etc.). Responsible for aesthetic and messaging direction. On-set direction for photo and film shoots. Managed a team of designers, writers and photographers.
Nov 2012 - Jul 2015
Helped to set and evolve overall photographic direction for the brand. Executed photography on a number of projects, both on-location and in-studio. Managed a team of 3+ photographers.
Oct 2009 - Nov 2012
Helped to define campaign photography for the brand. Worked with a team of creatives to conceptualize and plan campaign shoots for product, brand initiatives, events, ambassadors (athletes), etc. Travelled to international locations for a variety of productions.
2007 - Current
Vancouver Institute of Media Arts
2008 - 2009
Graduated with Honors
Saint Lawrence College
2003 - 2006
Graduated with Honors
- creative direction
- art direction
- team leadership + management
Sep 2015 - Current
Jun 2011 - Oct 2014
Worked on Mondelez (Nabisco brands), Nike, LG, Ghirardelli, SunTrust, Broadcom, Allergen, Smuckers and Sleep Innovations
- Led creative teams from multiple offices developing integrated branding solutions including social media, content creation, brand websites, online advertising, promotions, and experiential
- Collaborated with vendor partners to implement latest technologies for all media including responsive websites, mobile apps on both iOS and Android platforms and custom hardware/software integration for events
- Educated creatives and clients on the digital process (both creative/technical) and trends in UX/UI
Jun 2010 - Jun 2011
Worked on Dean Foods brands (Swiss Tea, TruMoo, etc.), Bacardi, Balance Bar, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Capital One
- Developed creative strategies for markeing and promotion that extended through digital, print, social media and experiential
- Created and maintained communications from client presentations through interaction notes
- Helped educate creatives on the digital process, both in design and copy
Jun 2008 - Jun 2010
Worked on Sprint, Kraft, AB-InBev, Valspar, Cabot Stains, Barilla, Wasa, Citi, Culligan, Circuit City, Shell, ExxonMobil, The Economist, The First Years, Effen Vodka, Quill, Western Union, C.B. Fleet and Assurant Health
- Delivered digital strategies from high-level concepts to tactical executions
- Partnered with online content providers to deliver timely and relevant messaging via rich media and awareness banners
- Led teams of art directors and copywriters for online deliverables across multiple brands
- Maintained high creative standards under tight deadlines
- Supervised and mentored art directors, designers and interns
Jun 2007 - Jun 2008
Worked on Kraft Foods, Planters, Honeycomb Cereal, Ritz Crackers, Chips Ahoy! Garden Harvest Toasted Chips
- Led teams from concept to launch for integrated campaigns, promotions, and online banner ads which included rich media and immersive website experiences
- Developed creative strategies for multiple brands
- Created fun gaming experiences in-house and with vendor partners;
Euro RSCG Worldwide
Oct 2005 - Jun 2007
Mar 2004 - Oct 2005
- Collaborated with clients, from creative brief to the final presentation
- Generated ideas in brainstorms for creative concepts, new product designs and credit card identities
- Partnered with copywriters on print/online ads and direct mail
- Worked with external advertising agency to ensure all materials match corporate brand
Oct 2003 - Mar 2004
Worked on Orbitz, Federal Reserve Bank, The American Marketing Association
- Created brand identities, logos, print collateral, print ads and direct mail
- Presented concepts and final deliverables to clients
- Concepted and art directed client newsletters
Freelance Art Director
Clients included Time Warner Cable, University of Texas, nFusion, Milkshake Media, Jell Creative, Fly Technologies
- Partnered with national companies, local agencies and startup companies to produce websites, marketing campaigns and collateral
- Developed long lasting relationships with clients
Jan 2001 - Jun 2001
Worked on AV Guide, Newgistics
- Served as design lead on B2B and consumer Web sites — including AVGuide.com and Newgistics
- Concepted and designed direct mail campaigns and dimensional marketing materials
- Designed business identity systems including letterhead and business card collateral
Apr 2000 - Jan 2001
Worked on 3M, AMD, Ditchwitch
- Led strategy and design phases of Web projects—including 3M and AMD
- Created identity systems and logos, maintaining consistency between print and electronic media
Jun 1999 - Apr 2000
- Created brand identities for local news groups—including News 8 Austin (now known as Time Warner Cable News)
- Produced and designed television graphics including map systems, over-the-shoulder (OTS) and lower thirds; set standards for on-air usage
- Developed template for the news website that was used across multiple Time Warner Cable owned news stations
- Trained and mentored a design staff
Jun 1994 - Jun 1999
- Implemented and managed a design department utilizing the latest hardware and software for creative
- Art directed, designed and produced hundreds of CD, cassette, audio book and video packaging
- Worked one on one with clients on a daily basis
- Maintained a system of weekly press checks
University of Oklahoma
Jan 1990 - Dec 1993
- Creative direction
- Art direction
- Interactive advertising
- Creative strategy
- Concept development
- Corporate branding
- Social media marketing
- Direct marketing
- Design (digital/print)
- Macintosh OSX and Windows platforms
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and Acrobat
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Sketch / Zeplin
Feb 2015 - Dec 2015
Newly launched e-commerce startup specializing in like-new refurbished products across Home, Tools, Electronics and more.
- Collaborated in prototyping and validating design solutions
- Managed multiple verticals simultaneously
- Implemented an agile approach to work closely with creative, engineering, and operations teams
- Created design assets including: UI style guide, UX flows, wireframes, design comp, and documentation
- Directed designers and front-end developers
- Led brand development, advertising, marketing concepts, user data analysis, prototyping, and business strategy
Feb 2014 - Feb 2015
Full service boutique digital agency specializing in designing and developing digital products.
- Pitched and outlined concepts to company stakeholders, fostered client relationships, inspired and managed teams, and allocated resources across numerous creative projects
- Led creative projects for e-commerce websites and apps including: UX, UI, brand awareness, navigation and conversions
- Collaborated with designers, developers, project managers, and clients to deliver innovative results
May 2004 - Current
Consult on numerous projects from ideation to delivery for startups, agencies, and brands.
- Implement Waterfall and Agile work methods, brand development, advertising and marketing concepts, prototyping, and strategy
- Partner with team of stake holders, creatives, and project managers to produce innovative solutions
- Design and re-imagined the e-commerce experience
- Create design assets including: UI style guide, UX flows, wireframes, design comps, and documentation
- Design award winning websites and advertising campaigns
- Mentor and direct designers and front-end developer
- Design and pitch concepts to clients
- Consulted @: Atmosphere Proximity, Quirky Inc., Kettle, Mullen Lowe U.S., Tribal Worldwide, BBDO Worldwide, EURO, MRM, RG/A
- Clients: FedEx, Emirates, Google, Conservation International, Reebok, Nike, Showtime, Lifetime, HBO, Intel, American Express, GE, M&M, Xfinity, Loews, Adult Swim, BMW, Pantene, Volvo
- Product Design
- Creative Direction
- Agile Methodologies
- Waterfall Workflow
- Team Management
- UI Design
- Brand Development
Aug 2017 - Current
Creative direction for brand and marketing strategies (digital and print), graphic design, illustration, package design, and print design. Project work for brands such as Red Bull, Nike, and Fero Cannabis.
Oct 2016 - Aug 2017
Art Director for Facebook Messenger Day social story sharing platform. I worked with artist and designers both in-house and freelance to create digital artworks for Facebook/Messengers 1 billion world-wide daily users.
Oct 2015 - Oct 2016
Sr. Art Director for clients Audi, Activision, and Marvel/Kabam. I managed an in-house team of copywriters and designers to conceptualize and produce digital campaigns, websites, social media marketing assets, and video commercials.
Sep 2013 - Apr 2015
Provide creative conception, direction, and design execution for web, mobile, and print media for Microsoft Office and Microsoft's Yammer platform.
May 2012 - Aug 2013
Apprenticeship under the "King of American Letterpress", Kevin Bradley learning traditional letterpress printing processes.
2006 - Mar 2012
Conceptualize and produce marketing advertisements, print and digital catalogs, packaging, photoshoot direction, apparel design, events marketing design, and social media marketing campaign and assets.
May 2005 - Aug 2005
Conceptualize and design assets for the Danish INDEX design exhibition. Products include environmental graphics and digital/print marketing assets.
Art Center College of Design
2001 - 2005
Focused studies in editorial design, packaging design, web design, and creative direction.
- Expert software knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Sketch, InVision, Keynote, Google Docs, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Specialized working experience in print design, packaging design, web/digital design, brand marketing, typography, illustration, mural painting, silkscreen printing, letterpress printing, and digital photo/image editing.