Title: Director, User Research
- Location: Worldwide
We are a diverse, fully distributed team from around the world, working toward a shared vision to raise the standard of trust online.
Join our team as a Director, User Insights and help lead research efforts to guide development and messaging for existing and new parts of our all-in-one privacy solution, used by millions worldwide.
As part of our growing team, you’ll collaborate with team members at all levels to identify and close major gaps in our product. Examples of projects include leading research that examines marketing effectiveness, audience segmentation, and the appeal and behavioral impact of ads or messaging; developing a systematic program to measure user satisfaction across our product and within our search results; and conducting research to identify user needs.
We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work. If you’d thrive in that environment, and our core values resonate with you — build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction — you’ll fit right in!
What you will do
- Lead and advise on high-complexity projects from proposal through postmortem, assessing problems, proposing high-impact solutions, and executing them against a set of success criteria.
- Conduct end-to-end quantitative research using a wide variety of statistical methodologies to maximize our growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with team members at all levels to measure the effectiveness our marketing campaigns and direct the development of our product.
- Lead advanced analytical research using primary research combined with secondary database or web-based sources.
- Synthesize research findings into actionable insights and clearly communicate results throughout the organization.
- Ensure all components of research studies are methodologically sound and adhere to best practices.
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience leading complex qualitative research projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to conduct and analyze quantitative research and present findings using clear, actionable, and appropriate mediums.
- Ability to apply research skills to complex business objectives by combining and analyzing survey data with other external metrics.
- Experience with advanced research technique like MaxDiff, Factor Analysis, Key Driver Analysis, and other regression-based methods.
- Strong organizational skills and keen eye for detail.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to confidently provide feedback to an array of stakeholders, internal and external.
Annual compensation: $191,000 USD and stock options.
Ace Your Application.