Hospitality Project Manager, Saatchi Art
REMOTE (US BASED)
SAATCHI ART HOSPITALITY
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
We are looking for a Hospitality Project Manager to work alongside our Hospitality team at Saatchi Art. As Hospitality Project Manager you will work closely with the hospitality team, artists and suppliers, and you will project manage approved artworks through specification, quoting, sourcing, procurement and production. You will create deal sheets, write specs, and work closely with vendors.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Hospitality Project Manager grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Hospitality Art Advisor, Saatchi Art
A typical day as a Hospitality Project Manager might include:
- * Working with the Hospitality art advisors on their projects
- Hospitality vendor, fabricator, and project management
- Writing and reviewing specs and deal sheets
- Working with framing partners, vendors and factories, and negotiating contracts with them
- Project management through all phases of design and delivery
- Maintain consistent reporting of all projects
- Maintaining profit margin
- Handling purchase requisitions (quotes, vendor evaluation, order process)
What You Have:
- * 2-4 years of professional experience as a project manager
- Prior experience in handling purchase requisitions, negotiating contracts, vendor management, and process improvement required
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel, Salesforce and using spreadsheets and data
- Art background or passion in fine art is a plus, but not required
- Ability to effectively resolve problems and/or roadblocks as they occur, and know when to escalate
- Possess a take-charge attitude, enjoy being a creative thinker and a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
You’ll be successful if you are extremely detail-oriented and have exceptional project management skills.
Leaf Group is among the 2022 & 2019 Built In LA Best Places To Work
Among Comparably’s 2021 Best Companies for Company Culture, Company Perks & Benefits, Company Compensation, Best CEO for Diversity, and Best CEO for Women
eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
OnlyInYourState is ranked the #3 Travel and Information Site (ComScore)
Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company AwardMyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC), a storied diversified holding company
For full-time permanent roles:
Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
Gender neutral family leave
Paid-to-play vacation rewards
Discretionary unlimited vacation time
Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Step 1: A video/phone call with a member from our Hiring Team. In this call, we will cover the basics of the role and our company, and discuss a high level overview of your past experiences, goals, and interest in this role.
Step 2: A call with your potential manager or someone from the hiring team to dive deeper into your experiences and goals.
Step 3: If applicable, short assessment to help us see your skill sets as they relate to the role we have. We will review this in Step 1.
Step 4: Depending on the role, interviews with key stakeholders from the role (could be 1 or up to 3) who will dive further into the role with you and answer any questions you may have.
Leaf Group is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that reflects our customers and the world we live in. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply for our roles. Leaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Agency Disclosure: If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
Ace Your Application.