Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
- Remote or Head Office
- POINTCLICKCARE – CORPORATE TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
PointClickCare is the leading North American cloud-based healthcare software for the acute and long-term and post-acute care markets. For over 20 years, the company has held the same vision – to help the world care for vulnerable populations. Since its inception, PointClickCare has grown exponentially with over 1,700 employees today all working towards impacting the lives of millions. Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Private Cloud Companies and acknowledged by Waterstone Human Capital as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, PointClickCare leads the way in creating cloud-based software. With its recent acquisition of Collective Medical, PointClickCare solidifies its position as a high growth healthcare software provider, serving over 21,000 long-term and post-acute care providers and over 1,300 hospitals. Their shared mission to support vulnerable populations is allowing PointClickCare and Collective Medical to connect disparate points of care at scale faster than anyone else in the market.
Reporting to the Senior Manager PMO, Business Operations, you will act as the primary client liaison to lead the Implementation of projects within PointClickCare. The ideal candidate will have experience managing complex projects in the areas such as process improvement, systems implementations, system modification, reporting and data management in an internal service provider environment and have a proven track record of successfully attaining project objectives.
- Thoroughly understand the customer’s business and technical needs
- Act as primary interface to business units during all phases of the project
- Identify project scope and objective working closely with the applicable business unit
- Performprojectkick-off meetings with customer and delivery resources
- Create and manage project plans, deliverables and timelines. Factoring independencies and contingencies across multiple related projects and using PMO best practice methodology
- Identify, negotiate and manage required resources ensuring they understand what is expected of them, what they should expect from one another and are aligned with priorities to ensure schedule, budget and quality are always in focus
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of operational project aspects, defining project tasks and resource allocation
- Manage project scope by assessing requirement change, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
- Manage all project team communication, including clear and concise communication of complex or strategic project status to senior leadership
- Anticipate, identify and resolve risks and issues in a timely manner. Maintaining focus of difference of options, building consensus prior to making a decision, sharing own knowledge and experiences to Influence project direction and solutions
- Proactively follows escalation and change control processes. Escalating concerns to immediate manager and senior management when appropriate. Driving ownership of decisions to the level where the accountability of the decision must lie
- Successfully manage several competing priorities, taking personal ownership for project outcomes
- Foster continued growth of the team’s project management capabilities, improving knowledge and experience within the PMO.
- Contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the Project Management Office
- 5-10 years’ experience in project management
- Previous experience with system implementation and modification, process improvement, data management and reporting
- PMP or Prince II designation an asset
- Exceptional time management skills
- Great attitude and work ethic
- Strong leadership and relationship building capabilities, with ability to negotiate with and influence others to drive successfulprojectoutcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An attention to detail and a passion to achieve quality outcomes
- Self-starter, quick and assertive with the ability to take on new challenges
- Quick learner with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-manage, and monitor and track key performance indicators
- Excellent knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project, VISO, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars