Float, the world’s leading resource planner, is looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer with exceptional skills in successfully maintaining the health, reliability, and integrity of databases and their data. We’re a team of people living our best remote work lives. From New York to Melbourne, Canada to South Africa - our team of Engineers, Product Managers, Marketing and Customer Success folks work asynchronously to help teams plan and manage their time better. Float is self-funded, profitable, and growing. If you’re a self-starter, aligned with our values, and are looking to join a team that’s passionate about helping others work and live more productively, we want to hear from you. Here are a few tips from our CEO to make sure your resume stands out from the crowd.
Who We’re Looking For
You are a motivated Senior Mobile Engineer experienced with iOS and Android React Native development who will maintain the current success of our two mobile apps and strategically look ahead from both a product as well as technical perspective. We're looking for hands-on, senior-level candidates whose primary focus and love is the work, not the management of others.
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skill sets:
- Exceptional React Native knowledge backed by several years of hands-on experience including use of React Native Reanimated library
- Hands-on experience with development tools such as TypeScript, Yarn, Sentry & Expo
- In-depth knowledge of both iOS and Android ecosystems
- Commitment and discipline to remain current with mobile operating system changes, evaluating and implementing changes as necessary
- Ability to execute a mobile experience vision with a high degree of detail
- Strong understanding of Google and Apple design principles and interface guidelines
Asynchronous is the default form of communication at Float, and we have very few meetings, so you’ll have long stretches of time to focus on deep work. Everyone at Float leads by example and sets the bar for quality.
What You’ll Do
You will report to the Director of Engineering and work closely with Application Engineers, Product Designers, and Product Managers on a day-to-day basis. Your responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the quality of our existing apps by monitoring reviews and comments on the app store and other locations
- Ensuring that Float applications continuously provide an intuitive and fast interface as new features are rolled out
- Keeping up-to-date on changes in mobile trends and proposing and executing projects and solutions to take advantage of new features where appropriate
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, your work will be measured by maintaining high-quality app ratings, resolving mobile-specific issues in a timely manner, and evolving the mobile app to fulfill the needs of our customers on mobile devices.
What We Offer
The salary for this role is US $133k
We have a range of expanding and improving benefits and perks including:
- Home office expense budget
- Co-working expense budget
- Health & Fitness budget
- Annual team meetup
- Care for your community
For those in the US, we’ll pay 50% of your medical, dental & vision coverage, including partners and children. Since our HQ is in New York, those outside of the US will be hired as contractors—but don’t worry—you’ll have access to the same great benefits. We’re a global company and we encourage people of all different locations, nationalities, backgrounds, and perspectives to apply.
About Our Process
You can find a lot of useful information about our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team on the Float careers page.
We appreciate and understand the time and energy that goes into crafting a solid job application, so we thank you in advance for your interest in joining our team. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide individual feedback during the application stage due to the volume of applications that we receive.
Ace Your Application.