Full Stack Engineer – Mobile Focus
Full Stack Engineer – Mobile Focus
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company — we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We recently launched our latest temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod Pro. It’s an absolute game changer, improving people’s health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That is why Eight Sleep is looking for a talented Frontend Engineer to join our expanding Growth team, with responsibilities spanning the consumer website, marketing and analytics systems. If you are a growth-oriented engineer and enjoy finding creative ways to solve business problems using your unique skill set, this is the right opportunity for you.
How you’ll contribute
- Help build the future of sleep technology by working on a mobile app that has the potential to fundamentally revolutionize sleep (especially when paired with our innovative hardware).
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and data analysts to ship polished, intuitive, and optimized experiences that help our members get deeper and more restorative sleep.
- Identify and implement tools and systems to help scale our growing business.
- You have the desire to make a significant impact as part of a rapidly growing, dynamic startup.
- You consider yourself to be a generalist engineer – willing to roll up your sleeves and use whatever language or framework will best help you get the job done.
- You should feel just as comfortable diving into the backend when you are working on a feature as you do polishing the UI.
- You often write small scripts that help automate parts of your work and are constantly finding new tools that make you more efficient.
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science, or commensurate experience from a coding bootcamp or similar.
- You love thinking about things from the customer’s perspective and trying to understand what motivates and drives decision making.
- You have side projects outside of work that you’re excited to tell us about.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 3+ years of experience developing with React, React Native, or Node.js in a production environment at a startup.
- 2+ years of experience using Typescript
- Solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, accessibility, and best development practices.
- Knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and various scripting languages.
- Knowledge of design tools (Figma, Sketch) is a plus.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platforms.
Why you’ll love Eight Sleep
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance