Hi there!! We are looking for a Database Administrator. We at GraphCMS have innovative, passionate and committed people working together to build the most advanced content management platform on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by an enthusiastic community of over 50,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide, and is a strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery, and Shure.
We are focused on developer-centric product adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the user facing side are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community of GraphQL enthusiasts.
Purpose of your Team and Role
As a Database Administrator at GraphCMS, you'll join the Infrastructure team that's working on securing and scaling our services, and building tools that facilitate releases, maintenance and monitoring. The ideal candidate should have experience in scaling and maintaining databases, analysing and optimising slow queries and improving database deployments to guarantee fault tolerance and high availability.
What you will be working on
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters in order to provide faster performance.
- Optimising databases setups to improve fault tolerance and high availability.
- Working closely with the engineering team to optimise data access by providing problematic or slow queries.
- Controlling access, permissions and privileges.
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans.
- Managing the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
What we expect from you
- Strong Postgres knowledge.
- Hands on experience running and maintaining Postgres databases at a large scale.
- Experience writing and optimising complex SQL queries.
- Experience with AWS (RDS, IAM etc) would be great, but not a must.
- Familiarity with the principles of database design.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Nice to have: Some coding background to build tooling for day to day tasks.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding and ready to support each other.
- Our “manager of one” work style enables a work place that is run through trust and empowers people to perform their best.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility and accountability. A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, latest IT equipments, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 2 weeks for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
- Intro call with People Manager
- Interview with Hiring Manager(s) (Case study or assignment if applicable)
- Team-fit conversation
GraphCMS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enriches the productivity at our work space and also promotes innovation and creativity.
Ace Your Application.