Director of Operations Transformation and Process Optimization (Virtual)
Job Category: Marketing and Sales
Requisition Number: DIREC023227
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
SUMMARY: The Director is responsible for orchestrating innovative and high return process transformation to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of enrollment and customer care operations. The Director will evaluate technologies like RPA (robotic process automation), ML (machine learning) and BPM (business process management), and other technologies to determine where they might best be utilized in department processes. The Director will perform detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to streamline and/or automate manual processes. The Director will prioritize opportunities, create project plans, establish timelines, and manage the project to completion. The Director will also work cross functionally with the Marketing Data Analytics, IT, and Finance teams to track cost savings of initiatives. The Director of process automation is empowered to shape our technology and integrate it into the enrollment and customer care operation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Identify process inefficiencies and develop process flows depicting pain points and quantify the impact
- Define ideal processes and quantify impact of process changes (i.e. automation, outsourcing, system replacements/upgrades, etc.)
- Define the features and requirements for process optimization tools and/or workflow enhancements
- Develop project plans, briefings and other required artifacts for engagements as required
- Develop and own an automation priority plan
- Provide the technical connection between operations managers and developers by clearly communicating business functional issues
- Evaluate risks related to requirements management, business process definition, testing processes, internal controls, project communications, training, and organizational change management.
- Learn new technologies and how they can be leveraged to improve processes
- Build and provide leadership for a small team
- Challenge status quo and implement creative ideas
- Collaborate successfully with marketing, IT, finance, school services, and a broad set of internal partners
- Partner with peers to identify opportunities for improvement
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 2 – 5 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Five (5) years of management experience, hands-on call center experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.)
- Proven analytical ability
- Experience executing project plans on large, complex engagements from analysis through implementation
- Strong record of achievement in terms of performance to goals/key success metrics
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to hire, train, develop, coach and motivate a team
- Effective verbal and written communications skills, and business and technology acumen
- Strong positive attitude and work ethic
- Ability to pass required background check
- Travel (Up to 10%) may be required.
- Customer support/service experience
- Online education or institutional experience
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Experience (preferably Salesforce)
- Telephony and Call Center Call Software Experience (i.e. Five9)
- Experience in agile scrum methodology and management tools (i.e. JIRA, VersionOne, etc.)
- Experience with data integration processes, tools performance and scalability assessment
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position. This position is open to residents of, and may be performed remotely from Washington, D.C., and from any state except Colorado.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Ace Your Application.